Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ahhhhh, Springtime in the Rockies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ahhhhh-springtime-rockies-t40497.html)

Ducky 03-23-2010 04:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I keep waiting for the little crocus and tulips to pop through the ground. Afterall, it IS spring, right? I'm thinking I will have to wait a bit longer for those flowers to poke up. We're expected to have as much as 12-16 inches of snow by tomorrow afternoon. The good news? I won't have to go into work tomorrow, so I can stay home and sew, sew, sew!!!!!!

Lneal 03-23-2010 05:06 PM

We were there on vacation one year, the end of June and there was a blizzard in Rocky Mt Nat'l Park. It was cold in Estes Park, but when we came back a few days later, it was Beautiful up in the rockies!!

Ducky 03-23-2010 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
We were there on vacation one year, the end of June and there was a blizzard in Rocky Mt Nat'l Park. It was cold in Estes Park, but when we came back a few days later, it was Beautiful up in the rockies!!

Many years ago we had snow on July 4.

Estes Park is one of my favorite places to go. My husband works tax season, and every year when he's finished, we spend a long weekend up there. They have a couple "killer" quilt stores, too!

KBunn 03-23-2010 05:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Don't feel too bad....here is spring in Utah!! I am so sick of winter! We have one or two decent days when the snow starts to melt off...then this!

mom-6 03-23-2010 05:16 PM

Ok, maybe I shouldn't tell you it was 70's at my daughter's yesterday???

Ducky 03-23-2010 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6
Ok, maybe I shouldn't tell you it was 70's at my daughter's yesterday???

Okay. I'll pretend I didn't read that!

sharon b 03-23-2010 05:46 PM

Ducky just think if you don't work tomorrow you will have plenty of time to make Butterflies :wink: LOL And then you can pretend it is spring :lol:

On the other hand so sorry you are having ssssuuuucccchhhhh a long winter

Piedmont Quilter 03-23-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Ducky just think if you don't work tomorrow you will have plenty of time to make Butterflies :wink: LOL And then you can pretend it is spring :lol:

Hey Ducky ~ Sharon is determined you're gonna make butterflies :lol: :lol: Hope the weather breaks for you soon - I'm not gonna rub it in that it's been in the 60's here in NC. :wink: :wink:

Ducky 03-23-2010 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter

Originally Posted by sharon b

Hey Ducky ~ Sharon is determined you're gonna make butterflies :lol: :lol: Hope the weather breaks for you soon - I'm not gonna rub it in that it's been in the 60's here in NC. :wink: :wink:

That's the funny thing about our area. For a few days we were in tank tops and some people were in shorts. Same as Utah....a few days of beautiful weather, then we get slammed. We now have a tow truck in front of our house because a car slid around the corner and got stuck. I was going to take more pictures, but didn't want to bore people -- it's much worse than the pictures I just posted. They say we will have 1 to 2 inches per hour.

Sharon..............***I'm just shaking my head***

Piedmont Quilter 03-23-2010 06:04 PM

We had a couple of snows this year - that would be a couple more than last year. I don't mind the snow - if it's snow - but can't deal with the ice (and that's what we usually get). We did have a VERY bitter winter temp wise - and like most on the QB, I am ready for spring weather. 60's today, hopefully the 70's in the next few days!!

Stay strong Ducky - Sharon can't make you do butterflies if you don't want to!! Or can she ????????