Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   my old sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-old-sewing-room-t43621.html)

Pamela Artman 04-23-2010 06:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This was my sewing room before we moved. Now everything is in plastic tubs in the basement until I get my sewing room done. But I do have my sewing machine and several projects strewn around the corner of the tv room and on the dining room table!

the top two shelves hold my "bundles" of matched fabrics for future quilts. The rest of the shelves are arranged by style, homespuns, civil war, batiks, florals, baby, borders, etc.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32672[/ATTACH]

fabrics sorted by color, boxes of scraps by strips and squares. The monsters on the window seat my daughter and granddaughters made!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32673[/ATTACH]

my quilting books, buttons and thread boxes on the top, and UFO project cases stacked next to the bookcase. Crazy quilt on the wall made by my daughter.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32674[/ATTACH]

erstan947 04-23-2010 06:09 AM

wow impressive!

sharon b 04-23-2010 06:34 AM

:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: Will you have a seperate room again ? Bet you can't wait to get all settled in

thimblebug6000 04-23-2010 06:35 AM

Wow, a spot for everything!

Boston1954 04-23-2010 07:06 AM

All I can say is WOW!!!!!

sewnsewer2 04-23-2010 07:11 AM

Wow, so nice and neat! Hope you get back in your sewing room soon.

luv-e 04-23-2010 07:16 AM

Looks Great but I'm jealous. Wish mine was already done. Told hubby I'm going in today and If I'm not out by dinner, send in the search and rescue team lol lol lol

Pamela Artman 04-23-2010 08:35 AM

Yes, I will have a sewing room again! Right now the living room is construction central! There is a table saw, piles of lumber, drywall and beadboard stacked against one wall, subflooring on the floor, etc. We are using a large bedroom as a "tv room" until the living room is done. Half the dry wall is done and as soon as the master bathroom is done, we'll finish the living room. Then our tv and loveseat and chairs can move to the living room and the tv room will become my sewing room. Eventually, it will also be drywalled but the kitchen, dining room, guest rooms and new windows and siding come first so in the meantime, I'm going to paint the old paneling in the sewing room and my daughter and I are going to paint a quilt on the wall! I'm also going to paint the old wood floor and paint a rug on the floor! I may even like it so well, I'll decide to keep it that way!! LOL I'm anxious to get shelves up again so I can unpack my fabric and be able to find things I need without going to the basement and going through all my tubs! One step at a time I guess.

Originally Posted by sharon b
:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: Will you have a seperate room again ? Bet you can't wait to get all settled in

stitchinwitch 04-23-2010 08:40 AM

So Tidy, so Neat! Im SO ENVIOUS!

Marjpf 04-23-2010 08:42 AM

It sure was nice - I'll bet you were sorry to give it up. Is your new room going to be bigger? I like the idea of leaving the floor just painted. Easier to sweep up pins and threads that way.