Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my old sewing room

This was my sewing room before we moved. Now everything is in plastic tubs in the basement until I get my sewing room done. But I do have my sewing machine and several projects strewn around the corner of the tv room and on the dining room table!

the top two shelves hold my "bundles" of matched fabrics for future quilts. The rest of the shelves are arranged by style, homespuns, civil war, batiks, florals, baby, borders, etc.
    Name:  Attachment-32672.jpe
Views: 40
Size:  64.7 KB

fabrics sorted by color, boxes of scraps by strips and squares. The monsters on the window seat my daughter and granddaughters made!
    Name:  Attachment-32673.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  42.8 KB

my quilting books, buttons and thread boxes on the top, and UFO project cases stacked next to the bookcase. Crazy quilt on the wall made by my daughter.
    Name:  Attachment-32674.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  65.7 KB

Blog Entries
    wow impressive!

Blog Entries
    :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: Will you have a seperate room again ? Bet you can't wait to get all settled in

Wow, a spot for everything!

All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Wow, so nice and neat! Hope you get back in your sewing room soon.

Looks Great but I'm jealous. Wish mine was already done. Told hubby I'm going in today and If I'm not out by dinner, send in the search and rescue team lol lol lol

Yes, I will have a sewing room again! Right now the living room is construction central! There is a table saw, piles of lumber, drywall and beadboard stacked against one wall, subflooring on the floor, etc. We are using a large bedroom as a "tv room" until the living room is done. Half the dry wall is done and as soon as the master bathroom is done, we'll finish the living room. Then our tv and loveseat and chairs can move to the living room and the tv room will become my sewing room. Eventually, it will also be drywalled but the kitchen, dining room, guest rooms and new windows and siding come first so in the meantime, I'm going to paint the old paneling in the sewing room and my daughter and I are going to paint a quilt on the wall! I'm also going to paint the old wood floor and paint a rug on the floor! I may even like it so well, I'll decide to keep it that way!! LOL I'm anxious to get shelves up again so I can unpack my fabric and be able to find things I need without going to the basement and going through all my tubs! One step at a time I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: Will you have a seperate room again ? Bet you can't wait to get all settled in

So Tidy, so Neat! Im SO ENVIOUS!

It sure was nice - I'll bet you were sorry to give it up. Is your new room going to be bigger? I like the idea of leaving the floor just painted. Easier to sweep up pins and threads that way.

WOW! What a gold mine of fabric! :thumbup:

Wow!

Yes, I was sorry to give it up. It had such nice windows and a sliding patio door, so it was very bright and light. The new sewing room will be about the same size, but will have more useable space because there won't be so many openings. The old room was open to the laundry area and had doors to the bathroom, guest room, dining room and sliding doors to the outside, plus it had no closet. The new room has two doors, a closet and the door into the living room so I'll have lots of room for my cutting table, bookcases, sewing cabinet, and tv. My husband is building me a tall cutting table on rollers that has little shelves that will hold all my project cases, so that will be nice too! It's just the waiting..... : (

Quote Originally Posted by Marjpf
    It sure was nice - I'll bet you were sorry to give it up. Is your new room going to be bigger? I like the idea of leaving the floor just painted. Easier to sweep up pins and threads that way.

Wow makes me want to go clean my sewing room. Very nice
    organization. :thumbup:

Hey mommy!! when are you coming over to help me with my mess??

Blog Entries
    I really like the way you have bundled your future projects. I have some like that but then when I start a project and am looking for fabrics I tend to get into the bundles so then I just go ahead and add all the fabric back into the stash.

Blog Entries
    I would be excited too!!! It sounds like you have a beautiful home/sewing room to look forward too :D:D:D

your before is so organized! It is beautiful and I'll bet you can hardly wait till you get fully moved in and settled. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Wow! So nice!

Something to look forwared to. Now that I wrote it, it seems like something is missing. Well my thoughts are with you. Theresse

Beautiful. I love your old sewing room and can't wait to see the new one.

Blog Entries
    Hi Pamela,
    Thanks for the great pictures. What a cool idea to fold your already matched fabrics in a group for future quilts. I will have to borrow your idea.

Will you have a bigger sewing room at your new place? :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    Hi Pamela,
    Thanks for the great pictures. What a cool idea to fold your already matched fabrics in a group for future quilts. I will have to borrow your idea.

Will you have a bigger sewing room at your new place? :thumbup:
    I got the idea from my girlfriend. It was so much fun "shopping" in my stash and grouping my fabrics for a future quilt. When I didn't have enough fabrics for a quilt, I clipped a little piece from what I had and put it in a small notebook and the next quilting vacation we went on, I took that notebook and matched fabrics to my sample until I had all my bundles for future quilts. That was a lot of fun! I have to admit, in a pinch I have "stolen" from my bundles for a quilt I was working on, but most of the bundles stay intact. Lately though, I've been making a lot of scrap quilts, so I haven't used many of my bundles! The sewing room at my new house will be almost as big (its 12' x 16') but will be more useful because there are fewer doorways and openings, so more useable wall space. I can't wait to get it finished!!

Blog Entries
    very nice and you have a very talented husband.

That is very impressive. I have sewing things in every room depending on what i'm working on. My kitchen table usually has a project or two that has to be shared with dinner plates. I have a shelf like you do but it's in a room that has my grandchildren's crib and bed so i can't get in there when i want since they are here every day. One day i hope to have aspot all to myself! Your room is great just the way it is!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast