Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Severe Storms and Tornadoes are Here Tonite!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/severe-storms-tornadoes-here-tonite-t44490.html)

Lostn51 04-30-2010 08:45 PM

I was wondering how many folks on the board are having to deal with all of the tornadoes and severe storms right now.

I know that eastern Arkansas is getting the crud beat out of it right now with half dollar sized hail and several tornadoes on the ground as I type this. We in West TN are looking forward to the weather and I have my weather radio sitting beside me and the TV on showing the storms. So far the radios alert has been going off about every 10 minutes and my wife told me she is not going to half to listen to it again this weekend. Last weekend was bad enough, now we have round two!!!

I know Eddie is in the areas with the bad storms. I just hope everybody is doing okay and that they and their families are safe and sound.

Billy

Jim's Gem 04-30-2010 08:46 PM

I hope everyone stays safe and sound!!!
We don't get tornado's around here, only fires and earthquakes!!

nursie76 04-30-2010 08:47 PM

Billy, Sending prayers your way for your safety and for any other folks in the storms path.

Eddie 04-30-2010 08:48 PM

Yeah, we got pummeled by them tonight. No damage here where I am, but several fatalities here in the state from the tornadoes. :(

nursie76 04-30-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
Yeah, we got pummeled by them tonight. No damage here where I am, but several fatalities here in the state from the tornadoes. :(

So glad you and yours are safe. So sad for the families who have lost loved ones to natures fury.

Lostn51 04-30-2010 08:53 PM

I am set, I have my laptop with the National weather service radar in one window, my weather radio, and the TV updating the weather as it happens. But I love this kind of weather for some reason, especially the tornadoes they are so awesome to watch.

But at night you dont know where they are so its not that much fun.

Billy

Lostn51 04-30-2010 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie

Yeah I heard about the folks in Van Buren that is so sad.

Here goes the weather radio again with a tornado warning, there is one on the ground in Craighead county near Caroway, Arkansas headed to Black Oak.

Its going to be a busy night tonite!!!

Billy

Edit: Lets make it 3 on the ground in Arkansas!!!

nursie76 04-30-2010 09:04 PM

Whoa! Oh stay safe Billy!

Lostn51 04-30-2010 09:17 PM

They are saying there is 1/2 dollar sized hail with 70mph winds about 10 miles from me heading this way. I have given up on leaving my weather radio on alert because it has been going off every 5 or so minutes.

Blytheville Arkansas has egg sized hail with a tornadoe on the ground heading for it.

Billy

amma 04-30-2010 09:45 PM

Holy Cow, that is some ugly weather!!! I too will be praying that you will all be safe!!!