Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How old are We? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-old-we-t50668.html)

Rosyhf 06-21-2010 08:51 AM

Does it bother you to tell your age? Why do people want to know?

I could care less about age...either they are asking me because I looked like the 200 year old Dali Lama or they are asking me because they are amazed at my wisdom, hahahahhahaah

Anyway, I am 69 and proud of it. I may be 69 because that is the accepted way but I don't feel like 69. I am always at my favorie age of 32. That is when I got real upstart and spoke back to my elders hahahahahah

mamapeggy11 06-21-2010 09:11 AM

I'm 29 and holding......at least that is what I told everyone when I was suppose to turn the big 3 0 ..but they keep reminding me that I am 53 now. Age is only a #. I don't look in the mirror therefore I do not see the greyhair. I do remember a few years back I saw my elbow in the mirror while cleaning it and I thought OH Lord what has happen to me I have my mother's old elbow -LOL
I just started riding moutain bikes with my son and DIL - had never been on one and hadn't been a reg. bike in a few years. It's a blast. At first I said oh no I am not going to ride I might break an old bone-then I said what the heck , I could stumb my big toe tomorrow and break my neck-give me a bike!

thismomquilts 06-21-2010 09:38 AM

I am a whopping 48.5

sharon b 06-21-2010 09:38 AM

I am 45 ... but holding at 40 :wink: that was a great year for me :thumbup:

CarrieAnne 06-21-2010 09:51 AM

42, but I feel alot younger, lol!

quiltingfan 06-21-2010 09:59 AM

43 and still trying to figure out how I got to be 43.. Do not remember the time passing this fast before. But when i was 34 I thought I was 32 and was feeling out some papers when my husband corrected me. I did not believe him till he got the calculator out and proved it to me. I still do not know where those 2 years came from. Then on my b day I thought I was turning 38 and dad looked at me and said I was 37. I liked that much better than being told I was 2 years older. Now I try not to care. I started menopause a couple of years ago, I feel extremely young to be in menopause, so that was hard to come to grips with. I think I am handling it better now though. Sorry this is so long, did not know I had this much to say about my age. It must have hit a button with me.

pstoner 06-21-2010 10:02 AM

[quote=mamapeggy11]I'm 29 and holding......

That's what I keep saying although it is getting more difficult to pass that off seems as my oldest hit thirty (SS), in february, and the youngest is about to be 21 in 6 months.

But it's my story and I am sticking to it, even if my DL says I am about to be 45

fliedermaus 06-21-2010 10:03 AM

I am 23. Sometimes I feel so young and inexperienced on here, but I love learning from everyone. Age shouldn't be important in my opinion.

JudyG 06-21-2010 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by mamapeggy11
I'm 29 and holding.....

I just celebrated my 36th anniversary of my 30th birthday. :-D :-D

If my kids weren't so darn old (43, 41 & 39) I would never realize how old I really am. But they keep aging!!!

paintedquilt 06-21-2010 10:10 AM

60 & 11/12's