Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   We have a Hobby Lobby store coming to our town (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/we-have-hobby-lobby-store-coming-our-town-t56736.html)

Rusty's Mama 07-28-2010 07:24 PM

I had lunch today with a woman who was talking about the Hobby Lobby store that will be opening in mid August. She goes to one in OK when she visits a sister and is excited that we will have one here. I have never heard of a Hobby Lobby store. It sounds a little like a JoAnns from her description. Does anyone frequent a Hobby Lobby store?

newquilter10 07-28-2010 07:26 PM

Love Hobby Lobby and am sure you will too.

Mary M 07-28-2010 07:30 PM

We have one here. They carry a lot of stuff for all types of hobbies not just sewing. They do have one section that is fabric and sewing notions. I have looked but not bought any fabric there. Somethings were higher priced than Jo ann's The biggest part of their store is home decorations which at regular price is over priced but they have a sale on that stuff every other week, at least. Ours is a good sized store don't know if they are all that way or not. Fun to look at their stuff.

paintstoregirl 07-28-2010 07:31 PM

You will enjoy shopping at Hobby Lobby.

sharon b 07-28-2010 07:35 PM

Mine is pretty big :lol: And they have all kinds of stuff, lots of yarn , all kinds of fabric ( decorator, cotton, fleece) scrap booking , beads, home decorations ( inside and outside) candles , wedding stuff, silk flowers ... and so much more :thumbup:

NikkiLu 07-28-2010 07:36 PM

The Hobby Lobby's around here occupy the old WalMart store buildings - that is how big they are! They do have a very nice fabric department - look for the sales. But their biggest selection is their crafts - everything imaginable. Lots of home dec. items though - but huge selections of seasonal home dec. items - Christmas, Easter, etc. They are not open on Sunday's - religous reasons. Look for their coupons in the Sunday papers - somethings are always on sale.

HTH

Rusty's Mama 07-28-2010 08:03 PM

Thanks for the info - I am looking forward to the opening of this store. And, the nice part - it is only a few blocks form the new JoAnns that opened in the mall!

Cheriefaye2008 07-28-2010 08:15 PM

I loved living near a Hobby Lobby. I wasn't much into sewing at the time, but I did enjoy looking through the fabric section. I used to crochet a lot and their selection of yarn and dollmaking supplies was really great. They do have a lot of really great sales.

moonrise 07-28-2010 08:48 PM

Make sure you look at their website before going. They often have a 25% off or 40% off coupon that you can print. :thumbup:

Print a copy for everyone who's going with you, as it's limited to one per person ... then have each person check out separately. ;)

Darlene 07-29-2010 03:41 AM

I love Hobby Lobby it has a lot of interesting stuff for everybody. They have a wonderful Christmas display when it's time.