Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilter's pain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilters-pain-t56830.html)

quilt addict 07-29-2010 12:16 PM

I just wanted to share as I have little that I can do to help. My quilting buddy's home was burgled yesterday. The neighbor saw their garage door open in the afternoon with no one home.

The good news is part of her sewing room had been moved to new retirement home in Colorado. The bad news is they cleaned out what she kept to be able to continue to sew until her actual retirement. This includes sewing machines and all her quilting supplies and knitting supplies also.

She is inventoring today to determine if any of her quilts or quilt collection is missing. That as well as all the personnal information they have to deal with on the identity theft problem.

So, I think I will try to gather a little sewing/knitting care package together for her to replace all those notions we take for granted that are always there. It is such an invasion and makes you feel terrible.

Thanks for letting me share my sadness with you.

Jim's Gem 07-29-2010 12:18 PM

What a bummer!! She must feel so violated!!!
I hope that she finds that her quilts are mostly safe. The machnes can be replaced but I'm sure that some of those quilts are treasures and can't be replaced.

smtp5 07-29-2010 12:22 PM

Hope the insurance pays for all of it! Hope she had pictures!

mygirl66 07-29-2010 12:26 PM

I would like to help you put something together for her, to replace what was taken, even if it is just a little something. Please PM me your addy, and I will ship something out for you to give her. COME ON GUYS, WHOS WITH ME?

sahm4605 07-29-2010 12:29 PM

all I can say is who would even think to take quilting supplies? other than those of us who quilt who would think that they would bring any amount of money. the sewing machines yes. but all the other tools and the fabric and the knitting stuff. that sounds weird to me. the house must have been cased a few times. I wish that I could help but I don't have anything that I could send. don't have much at all in the way of anything.

HeatherQuilts 07-29-2010 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
I would like to help you put something together for her, to replace what was taken, even if it is just a little something. Please PM me your addy, and I will ship something out for you to give her. COME ON GUYS, WHOS WITH ME?

I'm with you!! Let us know what we can send to help out!

ClairVoyantQuilter 07-29-2010 01:26 PM

Oh dear . . .I can really relate to this as I had something similar happen to me while in the midst of a move a little over a year ago and had all my sewing supplies in storage. The unit was broken into and my Koala quilting cabinet and Artista 180 were stolen along with many of my notions, etc. Oddly enough, my Elna 925 Serger was left, however, it was behind some larger pieces of furniture that was also left behind. I'm sure she's just heartsick.

If she's a member of a guild, or a church, maybe there's something you can collectively do. Bless her heart . . .she'll be in my prayers.

DebraK 07-29-2010 02:17 PM

hmmm, maybe wait and see what she really wants. I don't mean to be a bummer here. I'm just thinking why send a bunch of stuff when you really don't know the situation is, or what she wants.

GrammaNan 07-29-2010 02:19 PM

That is so sad. I wish her well and hope the insurance company can come through for her. If I have duplicates of anything that she needs, I could send it to her. Do you know what she needs? Send me a PM and I will see what I can come up with for her.

mom-6 07-29-2010 02:19 PM

PM an address and things definitely needed please...I want to help.