Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Adding photos

Adding photos

I was wondering if someone can help me... as I’m quite often on my mobile phone and have got my newer pictures on it, i would like to post on QB but after I got the text written I can find nowhere where I can add pictures 😩 In my main computer it’s not a problem but I’ve lost hope with my Apple mobile. Grateful for any help 😁 Thanks 😃
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

The things you do for yourself are gone when you’re gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ~ Kalu Kalu

Power Poster
    My new apple Ipad takes really good pictures and that is my problem. I think they are too large for QB and I don’t know how to resize them. My tech person even tried for me. I am currently using my old IPad which allows me to load simply from the little tree icon. I hope your IPhone doesn’t have a similar issue.

I got a free app called Image Compression. My iPad pictures are too big. Go into the app and select the picture you want to post. Change it to 65%. Save it. Then use the smaller picture to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfi2 View Post
    I was wondering if someone can help me... as I’m quite often on my mobile phone and have got my newer pictures on it, i would like to post on QB but after I got the text written I can find nowhere where I can add pictures  In my main computer it’s not a problem but I’ve lost hope with my Apple mobile. Grateful for any help  Thanks 

do you see the icons on the top right above where you are typing the text? Choose the little tree (to the right of the icon with the red x). Choose that and it will ask you to choose a file.

Quote Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
    I got a free app called Image Compression. My iPad pictures are too big. Go into the app and select the picture you want to post. Change it to 65%. Save it. Then use the smaller picture to post.
    do you see the icons on the top right above where you are typing the text? Choose the little tree (to the right of the icon with the red x). Choose that and it will ask you to choose a file.
    Nothing like that showing on my display 😩 no little tree nor a red cross.... I wouldn’t have a problem posting my picture smaller if there was something showing that I can add an attachment 😟 but thanks anyway for your help, will just have to do it the old way 😃😃😃

Power Poster
    If you do not have icons above this quick reply box, you need to go to click on settings at the top of QB where your name is and I think you click WYSIWYG.

Blog Entries
    the OP will not be helped with the tree icon. she is on an Apple cell phone and is in mobile mode. someone who posts from their phone will have to help her. i do not know the answer. i think there are previous threads on it, but i'm not certain of that
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    the OP will not be helped with the tree icon. she is on an Apple cell phone and is in mobile mode. someone who posts from their phone will have to help her. i do not know the answer. i think there are previous threads on it, but i'm not certain of that
    That is what I see on my display when I write a new thread....no options to add anything....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

The things you do for yourself are gone when you’re gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ~ Kalu Kalu

I just logged on to QB on my iPhone. It’s old 5c . I chose “full site ” at the bottom beside where you log out. Then I went to settings and changed the mode to default style at the very bottom on the left. I opened a thread and went to quick reply and all the icons are there. It’s the same on my iPad. No icons in mobile mode on either device.

Elfi2 try using default style and see what you get.
    Last edited by JanieW; 10-04-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Janie, thanks for taking the time to explain that
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

You’re welcome. I hope it works!

You’re welcome. I hope it works!
    Janie, thanks soooo much, you are a genius !!!!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-09-2018 at 12:52 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Elfi

Yay! You’re welcome. I’ve never been called a genius before...I kinda like it! ��

Yay! You’re welcome. I’ve never been called a genius before...I kinda like it! ��
    Well Janie, aren't all quilters geniuses We come up with all sorts of Grand ideas and tips, etc !!!
    Have a lovely week-end!!!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-09-2018 at 12:52 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Elfi