Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Adding photos >

Adding photos

Adding photos

Old 09-30-2018, 08:36 PM

Default Adding photos

I was wondering if someone can help me... as I’m quite often on my mobile phone and have got my newer pictures on it, i would like to post on QB but after I got the text written I can find nowhere where I can add pictures 😩 In my main computer it’s not a problem but I’ve lost hope with my Apple mobile. Grateful for any help 😁 Thanks 😃
Old 10-01-2018, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

My new apple Ipad takes really good pictures and that is my problem. I think they are too large for QB and I don’t know how to resize them. My tech person even tried for me. I am currently using my old IPad which allows me to load simply from the little tree icon. I hope your IPhone doesn’t have a similar issue.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:55 AM

I got a free app called Image Compression. My iPad pictures are too big. Go into the app and select the picture you want to post. Change it to 65%. Save it. Then use the smaller picture to post.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Elfi2 View Post
I was wondering if someone can help me... as I’m quite often on my mobile phone and have got my newer pictures on it, i would like to post on QB but after I got the text written I can find nowhere where I can add pictures  In my main computer it’s not a problem but I’ve lost hope with my Apple mobile. Grateful for any help  Thanks 

do you see the icons on the top right above where you are typing the text? Choose the little tree (to the right of the icon with the red x). Choose that and it will ask you to choose a file.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
I got a free app called Image Compression. My iPad pictures are too big. Go into the app and select the picture you want to post. Change it to 65%. Save it. Then use the smaller picture to post.
Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
do you see the icons on the top right above where you are typing the text? Choose the little tree (to the right of the icon with the red x). Choose that and it will ask you to choose a file.
Nothing like that showing on my display 😩 no little tree nor a red cross.... I wouldn’t have a problem posting my picture smaller if there was something showing that I can add an attachment 😟 but thanks anyway for your help, will just have to do it the old way 😃😃😃
Old 10-03-2018, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

If you do not have icons above this quick reply box, you need to go to click on settings at the top of QB where your name is and I think you click WYSIWYG.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

the OP will not be helped with the tree icon. she is on an Apple cell phone and is in mobile mode. someone who posts from their phone will have to help her. i do not know the answer. i think there are previous threads on it, but i'm not certain of that
Old 10-03-2018, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
the OP will not be helped with the tree icon. she is on an Apple cell phone and is in mobile mode. someone who posts from their phone will have to help her. i do not know the answer. i think there are previous threads on it, but i'm not certain of that
That is what I see on my display when I write a new thread....no options to add anything....
Attached Thumbnails img_3002.png  
Old 10-04-2018, 05:58 AM

I just logged on to QB on my iPhone. It’s old 5c . I chose “full site ” at the bottom beside where you log out. Then I went to settings and changed the mode to default style at the very bottom on the left. I opened a thread and went to quick reply and all the icons are there. It’s the same on my iPad. No icons in mobile mode on either device.

Elfi2 try using default style and see what you get.

Last edited by JanieW; 10-04-2018 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Janie, thanks for taking the time to explain that