Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Attaching Word doc to post

Attaching Word doc to post

I have a "Word97 - 2003" document that I have been trying to attach to a post, several times today, from two different computers, I keep getting an error message and it doesn't get attached.

Are ".doc" files no longer being accepted? It is only 790kb and according to the attachments window, the size limit is 5.72MB

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Janey & John

Blog Entries
    I attempted to upload a .doc of 24KB using Word 2003. I got the following error message
    Only variables can be passed by reference on line 941 in /var/www/html/www.quiltingboard.com/releases/QB201905R1/vbulletin/includes/class_upload.php
    #0 /var/www/html/www.quiltingboard.com/releases/QB201905R1/vbulletin/includes/class_upload.php(872): vB_Upload_Attachment->save_upload()
    #1 /var/www/html/www.quiltingboard.com/releases/QB201905R1/vbulletin/packages/vbattach/attach.php(994): vB_Upload_Attachment->process_upload(Array, false, 0)
    #2 /var/www/html/www.quiltingboard.com/releases/QB201905R1/vbulletin/packages/vbforum/attach/post.php(614): vB_Attachment_Store->process_upload(Object(vB_Upload_Attachment), Array, 0)
    #3 /var/www/html/www.quiltingboard.com/releases/QB201905R1/vbulletin/packages/vbattach/attach.php(966): vB_Attachment_Store_vBForum_Post->process_upload(Object(vB_Upload_Attachment), Array, 0)
    #4 /var/www/html/www.quiltingboard.com/releases/QB201905R1/vbulletin/newattachment.php(159): vB_Attachment_Store->upload(Array, Array, Array, 0)
    #5 /var/www/html/www.quiltingboard.com/releases/QB201905R1/vbulletin/vbseo.php(1400): require('/var/www/html/w...')
    #6 {main}

PatriceJ is out of town right now, but I will ask her to refer this to Admin techs; so it may be a while before we get an answer.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    I converted my test .doc to a .pdf and it uploaded just fine. Perhaps you can do that for your file, Janey.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nancy in western NY
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    I converted my test .doc to a .pdf and it uploaded just fine. Perhaps you can do that for your file, Janey.
    Thank you. Will post pdf of file.

Janey & John

I was thinking that might be the solution. Thanks, Nancy
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
    I was thinking that might be the solution. Thanks, Nancy
    you're welcome. I knew that would work, but if the QB says that we can upload .doc files, then that should work. otherwise, .doc should be removed from the list. JMHO
    Nancy in western NY

you're welcome. I knew that would work, but if the QB says that we can upload .doc files, then that should work. otherwise, .doc should be removed from the list. JMHO
    I wholeheartedly agree. I have seen a few "doc" files on QB, but not many.

Janey & John

Blog Entries
    i will inform my POC of the .doc issue.
    however, it's always best to use a .pdf version because a lot of people might not have a .doc compatible word processor installed on their computers.
    just about everybody has a .pdf reader installed.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]