Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Forum navigation difficulties. >

Forum navigation difficulties.

Forum navigation difficulties.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:54 PM

Default Forum navigation difficulties.

When I posted a new thread this morning my computer just sat here doing nothing. The task bar kept telling me it was "connecting" or "waiting" for the forum. I had to hit my "RELOAD" key just to get it to post, only to find it had posted and been replied to.
My arrow keys will not work on THIS forum. When I tap one to move the cursor it just disappears.
The ENTER button will send the cursor down the page but if it falls off the bottom the page will not move up unless I'm typing in text.
When I'm moving from page to page sometimes the forum will just stall out. It won't do anything. I have to do a right click on the next page and then open it in a new tab to jar it to move.

None of these things happen with any other forum, sewing related or otherwise, that I'm on. They also do not happen every time, but often enough to be annoying.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Joe
Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM

I have not had any problems here. Contact Patricie, I'm sure she can help you. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:53 AM
Administrator

without technical details about the computer, the operating system, and the browsing software, i would have to guess.

it is true that the network we're on bogs down from time to time.
the techs are working as hard as they can to solve that problem permanently.

i absolutely believe that some users still experience problems.
however, i also believe it's fair to say that things have improved immensely during the past two weeks.
i use several different computers to connect to the board, depending on where i am at the time.
that's true on all of them.
other users have also noted the improvement.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM

This site sometimes hangs in IE, but is okay in Firefox. My ATT Yahoo Mail also hangs in IE and works in FF. I'd recommend trying a different browser than the one you're using, just to see if things don't get better. Firefox is a free download, and you can get a wonderful ad blocker that really speeds things up. For some reason, though, my Flash player quit working in FF after the most recent update, so after spending hours trying to straighten that out, I gave up and use IE for Weather.com maps and a LOL cat videos that are an indispensable part of Internet experience.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM

I've had problems with it hanging in Google as well, both on my laptop and the desktop. I just thought it was because I'm out in the boonies!