Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • getting on quiltingboard >
  • getting on quiltingboard

• getting on quiltingboard

Old 06-14-2017, 03:29 PM

Default getting on quiltingboard

I had a few QB member friends email me saying they can't get in the quilting board website say keep getting error message i suggested typing quiltingboard.com and that didn't work, is there any suggestions i could give them as they cannot get in to ask for any help thanks............

Last edited by mandyrose; 06-14-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    Old 06-14-2017, 04:26 PM

I can't get on my desk top, it's windows xp, now suddenly I get "this site cannot provide a secure connection" I'm on my laptop now, no problem
    Old 06-20-2017, 04:22 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by kathy
    I can't get on my desk top, it's windows xp, now suddenly I get "this site cannot provide a secure connection" I'm on my laptop now, no problem
    I have the same issue with my home computer. It is also an older version of windows. I think XP also. I am on my work computer now. Can someone from Internet brands let us know why we can no longer access and give step by step instruction of what we can do? Maybe change some settings or something? I tried accessing from both Google Chrome and Explorer and also tried by typing in the URL instead of using my shortcut.
    Old 06-20-2017, 06:45 AM

I am on my old XP at the moment and nothing has changed for me. I have firefox on it, if that makes a difference?
    Old 06-27-2017, 07:06 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    I am on my old XP at the moment and nothing has changed for me. I have firefox on it, if that makes a difference?
    Apparently it does. I had to download Mozilla firefox onto my home computer and I can finally access the QB from home. But this makes me wonder how many users/members can no longer access the QB? Anyone using Google Chrome or Windows Explorer on an older machine won't be able to access QB anymore and have no clue how to go about doing it. This could be an issue for many members and Internet brands should look into why. Something has obviously changed, maybe they are using a new server now but it seems to me older OS should still be able to access. As of today, I am still getting the error message of "unsupported protocol" and no longer a secure connection. The "details" in chrome give me this message: The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure.