Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Has Anyone Noticed Dates of Postings not being accurate???? >

Has Anyone Noticed Dates of Postings not being accurate????

Has Anyone Noticed Dates of Postings not being accurate????

Old 12-03-2011, 05:08 AM

Default Has Anyone Noticed Dates of Postings not being accurate????

Since the board changed so much, and I do not have time to go on a daily tour to find what I want - I usually just go to the latest pictures of things our fellowquilters have produced...... Yesterday's one picture in particular was a wall hanging saying it was posted yesterday and in reality I saw it maybe a couple weeks ago -

I do like the site in some ways, but if I had 24 hours a day to find my way through it - I'd maybe enjoy it much more - so spend fractions of the time on here than I did before. Let's just say, I'm from the old school where it's good enough the way it was, and I don't need change! But, then that is me!

Last edited by patricej; 12-04-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:11 AM

I have started to look at the number of post, if they are really high I pass as I assume it is old. I spend WAY less time here, which can be a good thing much more productive, LOL

Originally Posted by jad1044 View Post
Since the board changed so much, and I do not have time to go on a daily tour to find what I want - I usually just go to the latest pictures of things our fellowquilters have produced...... Yesterday's one picture in particular was a wall hanging saying it was posted yesterday and in reality I saw it maybe a couple weeks ago -

I do like the site in some ways, but if I had 24 hours a day to find my way through it - I'd maybe enjoy it much more - so spend fractions of the time on here than I did before. Let's just say, I'm from the old school where it's good enough the way it was, and I don't need change! But, then that is me!

Last edited by patricej; 12-04-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 AM

When you open up your email click on where it says Quilters Message board. Click on Main and one of the first post should be what they are calling a stickly from PatriceJ. It gives you the link to the new listings for the day plus followed by older ones. When you click on pictures there is also a sticky there from PatriceJ. You can click on the link and when the page opens you can click on favorites which will ask you if you would like to add to favorites bar. If you say yes then it will be on the bar and every day just click on that to see the lastest. Once you have them on the favorites bar you can rename them to pictures and main instead of the long address it gives you. I hope this helps.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

The dates of the postings are accurate. If you are referring to posts in your emailed newsletter being from a couple of weeks ago, that may be true. The posts in the newsletter are only the most popular Threads. Since they are the most popular, people keep making new posts to them, which keeps them on the newsletter. The best way to see what is new is to come directly to the board. To see the most recent Threads, use this link http://www.quiltingboard.com/sitemap/ and choose the topic you want to see. The newest posts appear at the top of the topic. As you read them, they turn color, so if you don't want to see them again, you know you've read them.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 AM

Thank you so much - this will help immensely - I'm not the most computer literate person - and had not found this new way of finding things like they were on the old board- I felt there must be a way and thanks to you there is - thank you so much!!! Maybe I'm back for alonger time now that I can find my way about -
Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 AM

There is now a dark blue "RECENT TOPICS" button to click on.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Administrator

1. Everything under the Home tab is organized the same way it was at the old site. The only differences are the new subsections - which i created in response to member recommendations. I couldn't do that using the old system.

2. The new site includes things we didn't have before, so it looks very different. but ... again ... the topics under the Home Tab (which are all we had before) are organized and listed just as they were before.

3. We can now customize our views to arrange things in a number of ways not provided by the old software. We can change our own settings to establish new defaults. If we want to see things in a different order, we can do that, too, by using the new sort options and the temporary view settings available at the bottom of our pages when we go into a section.

4. Every thread/topic listed accurately shows the date on which it was created. We will also see the date of the most recent update. Also, just as it was before. Unlike the old site, though, we can now use our own settings to synchronize those dates and time to our own time zones so we no longer have to do any "time math".

Board activity has slowed down compared to a month or so ago. While it's true that some members didn't want to explore the new site and so left immediately, it's also true that we still enjoy the privilege of welcoming new members every day. In addition, December is the busiest month of the year for most quilters so board activity has always slowed down between Thanksgiving and the New Year. There's nothing new, remarkable, or distressing about that.

The old software was broken beyond repair. The lists of things we couldn't offer, things that stopped working, and services we could no longer provide to individual members with legitimate problems just kept getting longer. The change was necessary and inevitable.

I can see that it might be annoying and inconvenient to have to upgrade our browser software and perform some technical tasks on our own computers in order to fully explore everything here now. I also think it's fair to say that we need additional, detailed Help documents. Several are in development. The built-in Help files didn't take into account all of the ways in which the site has been customized to our particular quirks and preferences as a community, so not all of the accurate help docs are/were ready as quickly as we needed. That will improve over time.

Not everything is perfectly suited to every member's individual preferences. And - yes - it looks very different.
Still, we have options and features we didn't have before. Also, the developers have made countless changes and tweaks during the past month to accommodate as many of our traditional community preferences as possible.

We are each free to look around and to decide which of the new features, toys and tools we want to explore and use and which we will ignore. There's no need to rush or stress. Anything that doesn't interest you today will still be there if you change your mind later and decide to check it out.