Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
how to get the newest threads in any forum >

how to get the newest threads in any forum

how to get the newest threads in any forum

Old 11-09-2011, 06:28 AM

Default how to get the newest threads in any forum

I have seen many times, that others are frustrated, because they can't get the newest threads, and this is what I have discovered and it works for me. The only problem is that you have to do it every time you visit a forum. It does work with all of them, pictures, main, recipes, etc.

Go to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS
This is found at the way bottom of every forum that you go to.

The first option box is SHOW THREADS FROM THE:
And you can click on
Last day
Last 2 days
Last week
And so on

The second option box is SORT THREADS BY:
And you can click on
Last post time
Thread start time
And so on
I click on thread start time, so I get the newest thread, not the newest posts to a thread.

The third option is to choose ASCENDING or DESCENDING
And you want to click on descending, because this lists the newest thread first.

Then click on the blue box on the far right that says SHOW THREADS

Good luck and I hope that I have explained this clearly. When I have been finding hints like this, I copy and paste them to a word document and print it out for future reference. You can't believe the stack that keeps growing on my desk, because I really don't want to give up on this board, because of all the changes.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:19 PM

Thanks for help. I had set every thing as you suggested, thinking that was it. Now that I know this must be done each time entering a forum category, things should go well. Thanks again, Have a great day.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:32 PM

Why is it when you click on the recent topics button, it brings up posts from 2008? Yes, I understand that someone has posted a new comment on the thread... but if I wanted to continue seeing posts on a thread, I would have bookmarked it. Just venting a tad...

Thank you for your suggestion.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by niizh View Post
Thanks for help. I had set every thing as you suggested, thinking that was it. Now that I know this must be done each time entering a forum category, things should go well. Thanks again, Have a great day.
I was a die-hard read from Unread Topics gal. I was very unhappy to hear that it would no longer be available. I saw a post from one of our members and can’t recall who that was. Their tip was to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Archive in the Contact Us menu bar. Then choose the Forum/Section that you want to read from. As you read the posts in that Section, your computer changes the color of it. Then you can move to the next Thread that has not yet changed color. This really satisfies my Unread Topics fix.