Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
How to post pictures? >

How to post pictures?

How to post pictures?

Old 01-16-2020, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Default How to post pictures?

How does one post a picture? I clicked on the image icon it asks for a URL. I just want to post a picture from my desktop. Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

Please read the many posts in the QB Help forum on the topic.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:14 PM

Exclamation

The icon is now a paper clip to the right of the Smiley icon, but does not show in quick reply unless you click on "Go Advanced."
PatriceJ did a pdf and I think the most recent one is https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...nts-images.pdf
AprilM told how she posted pictures using the iPhone X at Mobile Users ... Please Help Each Other Using This Thread

Something that I need to remember is to scroll all the way to the right to be able to click on the "Upload" button.

When you open the paper clip, it says that the file size limit is 5MB, however, I don't think anyone has been able to upload any that large. I think that less than 1.9MB might still be the size limit for pictures.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:38 PM

I still do it how I did it before, without the paper clip. First off, I use an old school digital camera and my file sizes are always too big, so I go to this site to reduce them:
https://www.reduceimages.com/
It doesn't do much but it does it well and doesn't set off my virus scanners. I resize and download the image there.

I use Firefox as a browser and my system is pretty locked down in terms of virus protections, I often don't see quite the same things screen shots show.

Then I start typing my message in the Quick Reply box. When done, I click on the Go Advanced button. The Manage Attachments does not stand out, it is in the middle of the options. I click on there and get to where I can download which for me is my downloads folder so that is easy. Then I have to resize the window, it still defaults to the old vertical layout and the new one is horizontal. The actual button you need to attach the thumbnail is to the far right.