Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
I'm lost--BOOKMARKS >

I'm lost--BOOKMARKS

I'm lost--BOOKMARKS

Old 08-31-2021, 01:27 PM

Default I'm lost--BOOKMARKS

I used to check this site regularly and kind of got away from it for a few years. I am wondering what happened to the "bookmarks" I had saved? I thought I also had a folder called tutorials but I might be wrong on that one. I have looked around quite a bit and have only found "subscriptions". Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:38 PM
mkc

Maybe try asking in the "QB Help" section...

https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/
Old 08-31-2021, 02:45 PM

There are a couple of things possibly at play. Bookmarks are usually saved through your browser and not on a particular site. Are you using the same browser now? Firefox particularly likes to hide my bookmarks just about every time it updates -- the data is still there but I have to typically do a search on how to bring the bar back.

The format here and I think hosting site changed early 2020?? We had to learn some new techniques, especially with posting pictures. If it was available through the site, it was a feature I didn't use and it may be gone now.

I do have bookmarks for threads here in the old format, those bookmarks still work.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:35 PM

The Tutorials can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/ However, there are only four listed there. There is an archive that has them all listed, which lists the titles only at https://www.quiltingboard.com/sitemap/f-10.html

Maybe if you let us know which browser you use, someone will be able to help make new bookmarks.

The different forums of Quilting Board can found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:42 PM
mkc

BTW, if by "bookmarks" you meant something stored on the site, there was a major forum software upgrade a year or so ago that could have eliminated something like that. The QB Help board has info on what changed with that upgrade.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:56 PM

i don't remember there ever being "bookmarks" on QB. I've always saved threads thru the subscription list and then just turned on the email subscriptions.
Old 08-31-2021, 06:28 PM

There are actually 2 types of subscriptions, and one of them is called bookmarks. I use regular subscriptions to follow a thread where I may be interested in answers to questions, and bookmarks to save quilts I might like to make in the future.

Click Quick Links at the top of the page, then Subscribed Threads. Then in the Folder Controls box where it says Subscriptions there is a drop down menu where you can access your bookmarks also.

Last edited by wesing; 08-31-2021 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2021, 05:25 AM

The site also did a major software change a few years ago. I can barely recall what it use to look like. Everything changes and some things were gone forever. This could be part of the problem. What I find the most helpful is using the "subscribed threads" to mark post I am following. My go to is "new post". Then I rarely miss anything.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:02 AM

Default Many thanks

Thank you! I found it! Much appreciated 😀

Originally Posted by wesing View Post
There are actually 2 types of subscriptions, and one of them is called bookmarks. I use regular subscriptions to follow a thread where I may be interested in answers to questions, and bookmarks to save quilts I might like to make in the future.

Click Quick Links at the top of the page, then Subscribed Threads. Then in the Folder Controls box where it says Subscriptions there is a drop down menu where you can access your bookmarks also.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by wesing View Post

Interesting. . . in the drop down box, I don't have a choice called "bookmarks". All I have is subscriptions . . . I'll have to investigate that.

OKay. Got it. I had to add a folder called "bookmarks". All set now.