Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Issue with replies from subscribed threads >

Issue with replies from subscribed threads

Issue with replies from subscribed threads

Old 05-12-2023, 02:57 PM

Default Issue with replies from subscribed threads

When I subscribe to a thread and members add to the thread, I'm not getting notified. Help. Happened today with the Virtual Weekend thread.
Old 05-12-2023, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Click on Thread Tools at the top of the first entry in the thread. Then select how you want to be notified.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

JulienM1 ... It happened to me and when I asked, I just got told everything was working fine. For me, it was happening intermittently.

My suggestion would be to keep track and then you have some examples, if you need to discuss with the techies.

What I did was keep a list of threads I was currently subscribed to and any new ones I added with the dates. Then for each, I'd note the date and post # 42 (for example). Then when I next checked I'd note the date and #43-#52 no auto-notice. Or if I received an auto-notice, I'd note the date and #43-#48 by auto-notice.

Life got too busy and I didn't keep it up. I "think" that I am getting the auto-notices, but not sure. Need to try to get myself into the regimen again and keep track!

Good Luck!

Keep that going for awhile and then you have some

Old 05-15-2023, 08:18 AM
Administrator

These things are hard to diagnose. When I get reports of this, I will test it out and most likely confirm that emails are being sent.

Things that have stopped people from getting notifications in the past are:

1. ISP suddenly determines that all emails coming from Quiltingboard are spam and outright blocks it from even reaching you.
2. ISP determines that our emails are spam and sends to spam folder
3. Your email categorizes our emails as "Social" and places them into a category outside of your main email.
4. IF you want to automatically subscribe, your settings are not correct. https://www.quiltingboard.com/profil...do=editoptions