Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Mobile Style vs. Default Style issues >

Mobile Style vs. Default Style issues

Mobile Style vs. Default Style issues

Old 11-05-2011, 02:39 AM

Default How to change back from Mobile view

Help! I clicked on "Mobile view" in general settings on my Mac (wasn't sure what this was - I'm trying out everything new!), and now can't change it back to the regular view! I can't figure out how to access my settings in the mobile view. Can you help me??
Old 11-05-2011, 02:57 AM

Default Loving the new look - but messed up something!

I changed some of my general settings on my Mac, including trying out the "mobile" look, and now can't figure out how to get back to the general settings to change it back. I like the full site setting best. Guess the "mobile" is just meant for my iPhone or iPad! How do I access my general settings from the "mobile" setting?
Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 AM

Default Need help changing back from "mobile" look

I tried posting this on the help page twice, but if it posted, I can't see it. First off, I LOVE the new look! I've been playing around with everything, including the general settings. I changed it to the "mobile" look, and don't like it, but can't figure out how to change it back. I did this on my Mac. I can't see the "general settings" anywhere, and clicking on "Full Site" on the bottom of the page just takes me back to the same mobile look. The "mobile" look is too general for me. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:36 AM

i did the same thing and could not get back the default so i clicked on the default again then logged off and closed the window then logged back in...viola!!! it was back
Old 11-05-2011, 03:49 AM

I, too have the same problem. If I click on "full site" it just brings me back to the same page. There is not a "forum actions" setting, nor can I access the general settings. I only have the following options available:
Articles
Albums
Notifications
Forums
Profile (which only shows my profile - I can't change anything nor access the general settings)
Friends
What's New?

I was going to post a picture of the page, but when I click on "Go Advanced" in the "reply to thread", it only brings up the quick-post, not the full advanced page, so I can't post pictures. Sorry!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cindi View Post
I changed some of my general settings on my Mac, including trying out the "mobile" look, and now can't figure out how to get back to the general settings to change it back. I like the full site setting best. Guess the "mobile" is just meant for my iPhone or iPad! How do I access my general settings from the "mobile" setting?

In General Settings/Thread Display Options - change the drop down menu from Mobile to Default and scroll to the bottom and save changes. Or, at the bottom of most pages there is a dark bar with the menus for Contact Us, etc. to the left is the same drop down menu found in Settings. Change it to Default Style.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cindi View Post
Help! I clicked on "Mobile view" in general settings on my Mac (wasn't sure what this was - I'm trying out everything new!), and now can't change it back to the regular view! I can't figure out how to access my settings in the mobile view. Can you help me??
In General Settings/Thread Display Options - change the drop down menu from Mobile to Default and scroll to the bottom and save changes. Or, at the bottom of most pages there is a dark bar with the menus for Contact Us, etc. to the left is the same drop down menu found in Settings. Change it to Default Style.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Momma_K View Post
OK so I was wondering around in the new rooms. I seen the words "different skins", I thought it would be something different, I clicked on Mobile and good Lord I can't get out and back to normal "Default". Can ya help me!!??
Old 11-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by glassnquilts View Post
I was checking my preferences and hit the mobile format. Now I can't get out of it and there is no place to change my settings anymore. Help!!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:44 AM

I have windows/ie and just clicked on view full forum or screen - it was on the very bottom of the screen - not under settings or anything like that

Sorry it says FULL SCREEN on the bottom