Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Mobile Users ... Please Help Each Other Using This Thread >

Mobile Users ... Please Help Each Other Using This Thread

Mobile Users ... Please Help Each Other Using This Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 02:29 AM
Administrator

Default Mobile Users ... Please Help Each Other Using This Thread

I don't know if it's fortunate or unfortunate that there are so many differences between the mobile and full site views for the QB.
I do know that I can't afford to purchase a variety of mobile devices and provider accounts to test and fiddle.
So, I can't personally be of much - if any - help with them.

Please use this thread to post questions and tips so you can help each other navigate the murky waters of mobile device use.

Remember to always state the make, model, operating system, and provider of the device in question.
What works for an iPad user might not work on a Samsung phone, for example.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:33 AM

I like the new mobile version of the site much more than the old mobile one. I used to feel like I was missing out reading the boards on my phone; now I prefer it to the full site! I tried it on my laptop last night, and it was easier to read than the full site when I made my browser window less than the full screen width.

You still have to click on thumbnails to see pictures, which isn't ideal, but in most other ways it seems like a good alternative.

I'm attaching a picture, just to see how that works:
Okay, I wasn't able to upload a picture from my phone. The Attachments (paperclip) button doesn't open the attachments dialog. I will have to play around with that a bit more.

For reference, I'm running Android 8.1.0 on a BlackBerry KeyTwo phone.

Last edited by Jennifer23; 01-02-2020 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:54 PM

So on my IPAD I can change between mobile and full site view from the lower left hand corner of the site. I toggled between full site and mobile views. The paperclip icon pulls up the attachments page in full site view but not in mobile view. I could not find a way to attach a photo from the mobile view. It may be a bug in the mobile view.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Using my Samsung Galaxy 7 with Chrome browser, I opened the site on the internet. I comes up in Mobile mode. I tried switching to Full Site at the bottom of the Main page and the printing is super tiny, but now I can't get it back to mobile mode. I have radio buttons but cannot change it from *Mobile styles *Default to anything else.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:18 AM
Administrator

QuiltnNan, try using the browser built into the Samsung phone instead of Chrome.

i have a Note8.
using the default browser i was able to switch back and forth between full and mobile views.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:36 AM
Administrator

i will have to let the techs know the paperclip doesn't work in mobile mode.

hang in there.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
Using my Samsung Galaxy 7 with Chrome browser, I opened the site on the internet. I comes up in Mobile mode. I tried switching to Full Site at the bottom of the Main page and the printing is super tiny, but now I can't get it back to mobile mode. I have radio buttons but cannot change it from *Mobile styles *Default to anything else.
I changed to mobile on my laptop and couldn't find a way to change it back. Fortunately, I had some other tabs open with "ClassicNextGen Styles Default" and I clicked on it again. Mobile was easier to read and in better font colors and contrasts, but did seem to be missing some "features."

I have a Windows Phone that I can change to desktop or mobile view through the "Settings" which on a Samsung I believe is a "Settings App."

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:25 PM

I am using the iPhone X... this is how i added a photo - i would imagine that the procedure should be close to the same no matter what device, but dont quote me on that! I know we have all had our difficulties with the recent changes to the board, but surprisingly i am finding it a lot easier to post photos than before! I still do have to preview my post to make sure my photo is not sideways! Select ReplyChoose the Paperclip iconSelect Choose fileThen Photo Library (or wherever your photo is on your device)Select your photo (click and it will display a check mark)Choose image size (i chose medium)Use back arrow - then select doneClick uploadClose this windowYou should see your photo in your postFinish your message, then post
Old 01-07-2020, 09:03 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

AprilM, thank you! This also works on my Ipad; haven’t tested on my phone. Now, if I can train my old brain to use the Red “Reply” button.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:44 AM

I am on a Mac now, but for awhile I was limited to the iPad.

I wrote at least 10 responses to threads over the past few weeks from said iPad, but none of them were ever posted.

After going to the trouble of pecking away on that keyboard (with one letter right, then two wrong), having them vanish into thin air was pretty irritating.

Is there a big old trick I am missing?

thanks,
charlotte