Mods

Old 12-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

Default Mods

Do we still have mods here? I have reported a bunch of wonky posts
Old 12-14-2020, 11:36 AM

PatriceJ is moderator. some forums list moderators on main page but i remembered her name.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:59 AM

Yes, there are a few mods still here, they are volunteers who do this in their spare time. I've also reported a couple of spam and inappropriate posts. Patrice will fix them when she gets a chance. 😉
Old 12-14-2020, 07:22 PM

Thank you, Peckish, for reminding us that the mods are volunteers who do this in their spare time.

Actually, PatriceJ is an administrator, not a moderator. Consequently, when a post is reported, by clicking on the exclamation point in the red triangle, it goes to all the moderators.

The moderators are listed at the bottom of the page of the different forums within QB such as ...
Blocks of the Month and Week, For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts, Free Offers and Donations, General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk), In Search Of ..., Introduce Yourself, Items For Sale or Trade, Links and Resources, Machine Embroidery, Main, Members Only Thrift Shop and Yard Sale, Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins, Mission: Organization, Offers, Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions, Personal Diaries and Announcements, Pictures, QB Help Center, QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests, Recipes, Requests, Tutorials

I've noticed quite a few "strange members" that have been joining QB -
  • their username is feminine, but is a male
  • their interests is their username plus a few additional characters
  • their username is random letters and interests are other random letters
  • their location and occupation are US, however their country of residence is AU
  • their location and occupation are a country code, but usually their country of residence is the same
  • their user name and signature are for auto body or paint shops, or cleaning service company
Fortunately, most of them are not posting and many haven't been back since registering.

I've found - for the most part, the posts that I have reported have been dealt with, within eight hours sometimes even less. Granted those posts can be viewed by quite a few people before it is taken care of.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:43 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
... when a post is reported, by clicking on the exclamation point in the red triangle, it goes to all the moderators.
if you report it by posting about it or by sending and email or PM it will take a lot longer to get fixed.

we can't necessarily examine each and every new post. we rely on members to help us by reporting iffy posts.

i have fixed everything i know about.
the mods fix what they find or that is reported.

if there are more posts out there with inappropriate content, please report them using the triangle icon.

Last edited by patricej; 12-15-2020 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:21 PM

I personally think Patrice does a wonderful job keeping all us quilters inline......lol

Merry Christmas Patrice!!
Old 12-15-2020, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

I wasn’t complaining. Just noticing. Usually quiltnan would have more posts. I was notified that my
post was moved by the team. Usually it would be Quiltnan who would do it. Just seems different to me.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:37 PM

I am a mod but not on all the time and my internet was down for over a week I catch as many as I am able in the time I have,

Old 12-15-2020, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Usually quiltnan would have more posts. I was notified that my post was moved by the team. Usually it would be Quiltnan who would do it. Just seems different to me.
Yes, it is different. QuiltnNan hasn't been on the board since mid-August. There are other volunteers who are moderating the board at the moment.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:50 AM

I hope GuiltnNan is healthy.