My Pages

Old 12-28-2011, 07:04 PM

Default My Pages

The old way I was able to copy and past a portion of a post that I was interested in onto my pages. Now I have been told it is my subscriptions but I don't know how I can copy and paste only a portion of the post, I don't always have any thing different to add to the post so I don't reply. Also when I have saved into my blog it goes public and again I want it for my own reference, is there a way to do this. Sorry if I sound confusing but I am confused, I still can't get use to some of the new ways of doing things.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:06 PM

sorry can't help you and this is one of the "dreaded" responses.... but I will be watching to see how this can be done.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

Not sure if it can still be done the former way- but there is now a Printable option- where you could make it printable - then copy and paste into a word document and save on your computer ?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 PM

I know this has come up before but whenever I have contacted the board regarding questions to be answered I don't usually get a response, and when I do I can't figure out what they mean. Everything is still just so confusing, I thought it would get easier over time but it hasn't. I am still hoping someone can help otherwise I guess I will have to make my own document file in my documents folder on the computer itself like sharon b suggested .
Old 12-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Administrator

All of the things we had posted to "My Pages" in the old format were copied into our Blogs.
If you had "My Pages" in the old format, you can see it here by looking at your new Blog.
There are a number of ways to get there. My own habit is to click on the "Blogs" link in the top menu bar.
From there, I click on the "My Blog" link.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/resourc...275.html#blogs

In addition to the blog itself, we can each create up to 10 "Custom Pages" there. The Custom Pages work in a way that's more similar to our old "My Pages".

For those of us who don't already have blogs elsewhere, learning and deciding how best to use them to our own advantage will take a bit of time and effort. Like all of the extra bells & whistles, we are free to decide for ourselves whether we want to use them. If you haven't checked out some of the blogs other members are using here, i recommend you do. If the concept interests you, seeing how others use theirs is sure to give you some ideas of your own. :-)

My own blog is just a "laboratory". There isn't much there now. Members who are interested in using blogs and who have questions are welcome to drop me a line by PM or email. I will be tickled pink to use my "Blog Lab" to answer those questions. We can grow it as a special "help center" that relates specifically to blogs.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:07 PM

I, too, wish we had My Pages in the old format. They were alphabatized, were an excellent reference for me, and very easy to add to the categories I created. A blog is not the same as My Pages. Many of the items in my categories were not copied over to My Blog correctly. I think there should be blogs and My Pages.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:04 AM
Administrator

the old "My Pages" will not return. we will have to make do with the many other options available to us that can serve the same purpose.

those of us who want to collect board links can also use the subscriptions feature. i never used bookmarks in the old format, and rarely watched specific topics. i do both in the new format. options for organizing and maintaining them are now far superior to what we had before.