Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
photos won't upload >

photos won't upload

photos won't upload

Old 06-30-2020, 05:45 AM

Default photos won't upload

Why do I get this error message when I try to upload a photo? Can someone tell me how to fix it please?
"fullsizeoutput_43a6.jpeg:
Upload of file failed."

I don't find this site very user friendly to navigate and I consider myself having very good computer skills.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:55 AM

You’ll more than likely have to reduce your image size, there are a lot of free programs & apps that allow you to reduce your image size. Hope this helps!
Old 06-30-2020, 05:56 AM

Generally, it is because of the size, even though it says maximum size is 5MB. If you reduce or compress the file to a size smaller than 1.9MB it will generally work.

In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

Some have better luck with "manage attachments", I found that even though "Go Advanced" will get the paper clip icon, I cannot attach images. I have to hit the red "Reply" button

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 06-30-2020 at 06:00 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:01 AM

I use this site to reduce my images, I have an old school camera and not a smart phone:

https://www.reduceimages.com/

I just follow their prompts, drag my picture to the spot and click defaults twice to first resize and then download. I have no connection with that website other than it is simple, easy, and does not set off my various virus and spam blockers.

Once downloaded, I post here -- and about half the time I forget to stretch out the window to get to the upload button.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:06 AM

Hi Photo Razor is another you can download it for free very easy to use
Old 08-31-2020, 07:05 AM

I just use Ribbet, which is free and you can edit your photos and then as long as you put 1500 in the size before you save them , they will load every time.

Watson.