Pictures

Old 03-27-2012, 06:54 AM

Default Pictures

Ok, I know I'm tech challenged but I've got to live with that. I'm still trying to post a picture. I hit the tree within a square and hit browse to pick a picture. All that comes up is c:\documents and settings/lynn. I can't seem to get the jpg to go through. When I hit upload, it comes up "failed".

I promise, this is the last time I will try getting pictures posted. I may just give up the computer completely.

Lynn
Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 AM

You'll want to find where your pictures are located within your computer. Once this settings site comes up, see if you can go over to the right of the search and see if you can scroll down to find your pictures. Have you ever attached a picture to an email? It is the same concept. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:52 AM

You'll need the COMPLETE file path of the picture. Sounds like you're getting close by it saying "c:\documents and settings/lynn" When you get that far in the "choose file to upload box", do you see the actual picture you want to upload here on the right? If so, double click on the picture. That should "Pop" the complete file path in the place where it needs to be to upload. It will show similar to what you have showing already, plus the name of the picture (or number if you didn't name it) plus the file extension (like .jpg). Then click the "upload file" link right underneath where it shows the file path in the box on the board. YOU CAN DO IT! rah rah siss boom bah !!!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by lynndianne View Post
Ok, I know I'm tech challenged but I've got to live with that. I'm still trying to post a picture. I hit the tree within a square and hit browse to pick a picture. All that comes up is c:\documents and settings/lynn. I can't seem to get the jpg to go through. When I hit upload, it comes up "failed".

I promise, this is the last time I will try getting pictures posted. I may just give up the computer completely.

Lynn
A similar thing happened to me when I tried to load through Internet Explorer. When I use Google Chrome (another internet format), there wasn't any problem. Also, a suggestion was made by someone else on this Board to e-mail the pic to yourself and then to the Board. Keep trying. You reallly can't break a computer unless you dash it against the wall or floor.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:50 AM

Thanks for all the great tips!! I've had troble posting pics ever since they changed the format.