Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pop up Prize message

Pop up Prize message

Just a quick heads up. I'm trying to read a thread and a new screen keeps popping up to tell me I've been selected for a prize. When I click on the x, it doesn't let me leave but continues on. This has happened twice on the same thread.

Blog Entries
    you didn't say which thread or provide a link to it.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

I have gotten that same one! I don't recall what site I was in but I suspect more than one! Quite hard to get out of also. Getting harder to be online!!!

Sounds like the same pop up I was getting on multiple threads yesterday. I kept having to close the tab in Safari that had this board to make it go away.
    ( `v )
    `.. ♥
    ..) .*) Sheri in Texas
    (. (. .
    a stitch in time saves nine.....

It’s back today
    ( `v )
    `.. ♥
    ..) .*) Sheri in Texas
    (. (. .
    a stitch in time saves nine.....

Blog Entries
    sounds like your computers have been infected by an adware/malware program.
    it doesn't originate from the QB.

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

I keep getting that same ad, it is driving me nuts. Answer the questions and receive a $1000 gift card, it’s ba scam.

Blog Entries
    I have excellent virus scan and get it once in awhile, annoying but theres always a few that will click on it andgive their info. What they are hoping for!

Patrice, I’m having the same issue just now. I was reading a new post concerning adding a beneficiary to your Facebook page. The pop up is a google ad .
    Roxanne

Are any of you running a pop up blocker?
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I have virus protection and pop ups blocked, but this happens to me all the time on this site. Quilting Board is the only site where this happens to me. It's so annoying, that I wind up closing the tab and leaving the site right away.

I just came to the Board to read a thread and it happened again to me, several times. The origin appears to be google.com-win-a-prize-from-am (Can't see the rest after am). I was using my iPad. This is only happening on the Quilting Board. I can't even read anything for more than a minute or so and then it appears again and I can't back click out of it. I am on a laptop now to post this message. I have to do what Trapunta said, leave the site right away because it just keeps happening.

I was reading a thread that bearisgray posted on feet back in May today when it first happened. Then ironically, it happened on this thread. It isn't happening on this laptop. Too bad I prefer the convenience of the iPad over the laptop but maybe I'll just have to use this from now on.

I am having this issue as well on my ipad. Started a few days ago, and is only occurring on this forum.

Blog Entries
    This is also happening to me. Not on any other site. I couldn't use my ipad at all for QB. Using my laptop and seems to be ok. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
    I just came to the Board to read a thread and it happened again to me, several times. The origin appears to be google.com-win-a-prize-from-am (Can't see the rest after am). I was using my iPad. This is only happening on the Quilting Board. I can't even read anything for more than a minute or so and then it appears again and I can't back click out of it. I am on a laptop now to post this message. I have to do what Trapunta said, leave the site right away because it just keeps happening.
    In my dream world, fabric is free and sewing makes you thin.

Sharon

Blog Entries
    iPad's seem to be a source of all sorts of problems.

i can't offer any advice about them, though, because i only use real computers.

Ipads are pretty necessary for some of us with vision impairments.....and I have never had this pop up problem with any other site in the 5+ years that I have had my ipad.....

Odd pop up Im getting

Is anyone else having this problem? For about a week, Ive been getting this pop up every time I log in to the Quilting Board. I dont get it when Im logged in on other websites.

Name:  BE175C8A-4A8E-49AC-BEB3-82DE8D1C8C6A.png
Views: 149
Size:  400.4 KB

I have block pop ups enabled on my iPad and tried clearing my history. But keep getting. Just thought Id see if anyone else is having same experience.

NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
    Don"t respond!

This is still happening, but only when I’m logged into QB. An additional weirdness started yesterday. When I type a reply on a thread.....it takes forever and I usually give up in frustration. It types each character with delay and I can see the keys on the keyboard slowing selected. When I press the back key to delete left, it deletes several words instead of one character left. It only happens when I’m logged into QB. Has me worried about security for my iPad.

I just got a real email on a real computer from quiltingboard advertising a new series
    of sewing machines
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    I agree with jillmc. I have used an Ipad for several years and have never had this issue on any other site. I also have a laptop and have begun using that on this site. Seems to be ok at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
    Ipads are pretty necessary for some of us with vision impairments.....and I have never had this pop up problem with any other site in the 5+ years that I have had my ipad.....
    In my dream world, fabric is free and sewing makes you thin.

Sharon

Why can't it originate from the board? It sounds dismissive to me, especially the part about a "real computer." I have this issue ONLY on the Ipad and only on QB (on every one of its forms.) Please reconsider or ask an expert. It's making reading the board impossible.

charlotte

I logged in from my daughter’s iPad, and it popped up again. So it isn’t a virus on my iPad. Again, only happens when I’m logged in on QB.

Same problem here, both with the pop up and with the keyboard. Also the board keeps reloading, it is not happening with any other website, only QB

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast