Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Anyone else have this problem? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/anyone-else-have-problem-t265176.html)

maryellen2u 05-13-2015 09:20 PM

Anyone else have this problem?

Many times when I try to respond to a thread I have difficulty entering words and letters. I have to absolutely pound on my keyboard. I think others might have this problem because I notice random letters or skipped letters in the postings. It is only a problem for me on this board. What is the issue? Is there a techie person who could address this problem or advise the facilitators? Dang it is doing it again!

justflyingin 05-13-2015 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by maryellen2u (Post 7194983)
Many times when I try to respond to a thread I have difficulty entering words and letters. I have to absolutely pound on my keyboard. I think others might have this problem because I notice random letters or skipped letters in the postings. It is only a problem for me on this board. What is the issue? Is there a techie person who could address this problem or advise the facilitators? Dang it is doing it again!

this problem is with your keyboard, not this forum. funny.

Skylark53 05-14-2015 12:03 AM

It might just be page loading times...when I am on the iPad, there are banner ads at the top of the page and that sometimes slows things down a bit which causes the page to "hang" resulting in that typing issue. On my laptop I have adblock, so no lagging.

sandy l 05-14-2015 02:51 AM

It happens to me too, but no idea why.

NJ Quilter 05-14-2015 02:54 AM

I have this issue occasionally. I think it's a matter of your browser and the site. Some days Mozilla firefox plays nicely with the site, other day's....not so much.

hairquilt 05-14-2015 04:43 AM

OMG-this happens to me all the time-If I make a spelling mistake & go back to correct it I will always have to pound on the keys too. It doesn't happen anywhere else just on the Board. Now if I misspell I just go on & then go back when I'm through & correct! LOL Good to know I'm not alone!

Crqltr 05-14-2015 04:51 AM

I thought it was just me!! Almost bought a new key board, it only happens on here!! Thanks for saving me some money!

SherriB 05-14-2015 05:16 AM

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one with this problem!!! I have just about quit posting because of it. I had to go to notepad, type a reply and then paste it. Got to be more aggravating than worthwhile. But knock on wood, it is behaving today. LOL!! Murphy's Law in effect today. LOL!!

Onebyone 05-14-2015 05:22 AM

This has happen to me before. It's frustrating. Try posting in the Go Advanced window.

kellen46 05-14-2015 07:07 AM

This happens to me all the time but only on this site. I do have ad block, so that is not the problem. I am thinking it is some glitch in the auto save feature. It is so annoying that mostly I just won't post unless I really feel the need. Too bad as I do read all the posts and sometimes may have helpful information to add to the mix.