Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Daily Digest (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/daily-digest-t165397.html)

jillaine 11-12-2011 05:03 AM

Glad to see that PICTURES were added back to the daily digest. However, the daily digest is not as helpful in this new format:

1. It does not display what you've read/not read (via different colors) like it used to.
2. It repeats ALOT of what was in previous digests-- because it is listing topics with new responses instead of boards with new TOPICs.

As others have said, the best way to find out what's new is to use the WHAT'S NEW button from the home page (www.quiltingboard.com). The Digest is pretty worthless in this new mode.

Joanne9of12 11-12-2011 05:21 AM

I thought maybe it was because there had been posts made to those threads, meaning they're still receiving active comments, and that is what keeps them showing up. Just a guess on my part.

Amythyst02 11-12-2011 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie (Post 4669319)
Lol- I actually went back and checked because I thought I had clicked on yesterday's digest by mistake!

I do hope that this platform can allow us to get back our unread posts function again.

I did the same thing!

mltquilt 11-12-2011 05:30 AM

I have to agree with this. I miss the unread topics. If I'm really interested in a thread I can subscribe to it and get the updates.

mltquilt

ncredbird 11-12-2011 05:45 AM

I have noticed that the last 3 or 4 days the digest has all the same threads on it with only 1 or 2 new topics. Then I log onto the home page and check to see if there are any new posts. Lets just say I am getting more quilting done and spend much less time on the board. Ann in TN

brushandthimble 11-12-2011 05:46 AM

All I seem to find are ones that are OLD, pages and pages of comments. Some coming up are over a year old, what gives? I too like to find the "most read" and "new topics"

Luscious Marilyn 11-12-2011 06:21 AM

I agree with GmaJudi and many others. I gave it another week, but I spend less time each day on this website now. It still makes me sad.....I may have to look else where.

verna2197 11-12-2011 06:38 AM

I have noticed that almost every day on the digest the topics are the same one being listed. I put pictures of my quilt I just finished on the board and I never saw a link on the digest for it. Don't care much for this new digest. I also can't find Recent Topics!

verna2197 11-12-2011 06:43 AM

True I am the same way, use to be on here alot, not anymore. I just don't enjoy this board like I use to. Its still hard to get around and like everyone has been saying it the same old stuff. I really hope that admin wakes up and see that they are losing their people. I am hearing the same thing, not being on here much anymore is what everyone is saying.

lenette 11-12-2011 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by matraina (Post 4668333)
I would like to know how to get the newest posts, too. I see the same posts every day. Wish I could just see the new ones for each day.

I agree. Seeing the same posts everyday is frustrating. I don't usually remember them at first, till I read for a bit. And now I can't even get to the original posts, like pictures. What I get when I click on the title are the comments about the picture.