Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Groups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/groups-t166062.html)

meemersmom 11-04-2011 01:57 PM

Groups

I posted on the old "announcement" thread, but I see that one's been locked. My question for you is regarding starting a group. There are several of us who are committed to doing the new mystery quilt starting November 18th. We would like to start a group to share/support/help each other through the steps, and have a place to showcase our progress to date. I found where groups can be created, but the message box says you have to be an admin to start a group.

Is there an application process for starting a group? Are there any special criteria that need to be met? If we can not create ourselves, is there a designated admin to approach?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

QuiltnNan 11-05-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom (Post 4632029)
I posted on the old "announcement" thread, but I see that one's been locked. My question for you is regarding starting a group. There are several of us who are committed to doing the new mystery quilt starting November 18th. We would like to start a group to share/support/help each other through the steps, and have a place to showcase our progress to date. I found where groups can be created, but the message box says you have to be an admin to start a group.

Is there an application process for starting a group? Are there any special criteria that need to be met? If we can not create ourselves, is there a designated admin to approach?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

PatriceJ is the person to contact regarding permission to start a group Sew Along or some such. Send her a PM.

meemersmom 11-05-2011 05:11 PM

Will do. thanks.

patricej 11-05-2011 05:24 PM

i've done some research and Groups are not a good option for this. truth be told, the don't seem to be of any real value at all.

the developers and i are exploring and discussing alternatives.

Scissor Queen 11-11-2011 06:11 AM

groups question

I noticed there's a feature available now called "groups." So I thought I'd set one up for quilters in my area but it says I'm not allowed. Who is allowed to set up groups and what's the point of having a feature if we can't use it?

luvTooQuilt 11-11-2011 06:13 AM

Id like to know that answer too... :o was kinda hoping it would be something useful as I host swaps..

QuiltnNan 11-14-2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen (Post 4665389)
I noticed there's a feature available now called "groups." So I thought I'd set one up for quilters in my area but it says I'm not allowed. Who is allowed to set up groups and what's the point of having a feature if we can't use it?

At this time, Groups can only be set up by Moderators. They are still a work in progress. We will post information about them as things become clearer/implemented.