Groups

Old 11-04-2011, 01:57 PM

Default Groups

I posted on the old "announcement" thread, but I see that one's been locked. My question for you is regarding starting a group. There are several of us who are committed to doing the new mystery quilt starting November 18th. We would like to start a group to share/support/help each other through the steps, and have a place to showcase our progress to date. I found where groups can be created, but the message box says you have to be an admin to start a group.

Is there an application process for starting a group? Are there any special criteria that need to be met? If we can not create ourselves, is there a designated admin to approach?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by meemersmom View Post
I posted on the old "announcement" thread, but I see that one's been locked. My question for you is regarding starting a group. There are several of us who are committed to doing the new mystery quilt starting November 18th. We would like to start a group to share/support/help each other through the steps, and have a place to showcase our progress to date. I found where groups can be created, but the message box says you have to be an admin to start a group.

Is there an application process for starting a group? Are there any special criteria that need to be met? If we can not create ourselves, is there a designated admin to approach?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

PatriceJ is the person to contact regarding permission to start a group Sew Along or some such. Send her a PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:11 PM

Will do. thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Administrator

i've done some research and Groups are not a good option for this. truth be told, the don't seem to be of any real value at all.

the developers and i are exploring and discussing alternatives.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:11 AM

Default groups question

I noticed there's a feature available now called "groups." So I thought I'd set one up for quilters in my area but it says I'm not allowed. Who is allowed to set up groups and what's the point of having a feature if we can't use it?
Old 11-11-2011, 06:13 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Id like to know that answer too... was kinda hoping it would be something useful as I host swaps..
Old 11-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
I noticed there's a feature available now called "groups." So I thought I'd set one up for quilters in my area but it says I'm not allowed. Who is allowed to set up groups and what's the point of having a feature if we can't use it?
At this time, Groups can only be set up by Moderators. They are still a work in progress. We will post information about them as things become clearer/implemented.