Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   I feel so much better (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/i-feel-so-much-better-t168709.html)

Anna.425 11-17-2011 01:13 PM

I feel so much better

I've been trying to love this new board. I just could not get past having to wade through hundreds of old threads. I went to my settings and set it to only show me the last day's threads. I get all the new threads that way without having to go through old ones to find them. Then I investigated the subscription settings. Did you know that you can set subscriptions to automatically subscribe you to any thread that you start so you can follow the responses? Very cool!

I'm feeling better and still working at loving the new board. Now if they can just make it visually cozy like a quilt is...sigh.
:)

ckcowl 11-17-2011 01:22 PM

there is always a learning curve for anything new- so glad to hear you are actually putting forth the effort , so many people just became horribly negative=and refused to even do some research and learn all the new benefits- and perks available
seems like when any of us joined we had to learn where, when & hows---why so many would now refuse to put forth any effort puzzles me.

Gramma B 11-17-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anna.425 (Post 4690759)
I've been trying to love this new board. I just could not get past having to wade through hundreds of old threads. I went to my settings and set it to only show me the last day's threads. I get all the new threads that way without having to go through old ones to find them. Then I investigated the subscription settings. Did you know that you can set subscriptions to automatically subscribe you to any thread that you start so you can follow the responses? Very cool!
:)

Can you show us how you did that for us more challenged ones on the board?

scrappy2 11-17-2011 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gramma B (Post 4690854)
Can you show us how you did that for us more challenged ones on the board?

Me Too! Please!!!

fivepaws 11-17-2011 03:31 PM

I would like to know too.

Krisb 11-17-2011 05:21 PM

Go to "settings", up by your name. Look down the left under "my account" and click on "general settings"? Now in the screen you should see "default subscription mode" under "messaging and notification". You can choose how you want to be notified. Remember to scroll down the screen and click to save changes.

grandma nurse 11-17-2011 06:19 PM

This info you gave us, is that for the notification of the topics you are watching? How do you set it up so it shows only the last days thread. Thanks.

Grambi 11-17-2011 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 4690798)
there is always a learning curve for anything new- so glad to hear you are actually putting forth the effort , so many people just became horribly negative=and refused to even do some research and learn all the new benefits- and perks available
seems like when any of us joined we had to learn where, when & hows---why so many would now refuse to put forth any effort puzzles me.

Has it occurred to you that some of us may not be able to understand it even when we put forth the effort? Some things just aren't making sense to me no matter how many times I read them.

Anna.425 11-17-2011 10:26 PM

Sorry it took so long, I had a long day at work today. I have posted the directions below. Hope this helps.

Go to Settings – Top right corner of the screen on the Charcoal colored bar
Go to General Settings – Left side bar under the title My Account
Scroll down the page to Thread Display Options
Go to Default Thread Age Cut Off:
Notice the Box next to the title – There is a drop down arrow in the box, when you click on it you can choose how far back you want the threads to show you;
I selected “Show Threads from the Last Day”

After you select your thread cut off age go down to the bottom right corner and click on Save Changes.

Grambi, I understand what you mean. Sometimes if I am having difficulty understanding directions I write them down myself and that helps me. Then you can read the directions while you are going through the settings.:)

Nanamoms 11-17-2011 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by grandma nurse (Post 4691954)
This info you gave us, is that for the notification of the topics you are watching? How do you set it up so it shows only the last days thread. Thanks.

Also, what if you miss a day and want to read more than the "last" day's threads? I've been going to Archive at the bottom of the site because it is easier to read the topics but I would think this is not the way the Board should work, right?