Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
I feel so much better >

I feel so much better

I feel so much better

Old 11-17-2011, 01:13 PM

Red face I feel so much better

I've been trying to love this new board. I just could not get past having to wade through hundreds of old threads. I went to my settings and set it to only show me the last day's threads. I get all the new threads that way without having to go through old ones to find them. Then I investigated the subscription settings. Did you know that you can set subscriptions to automatically subscribe you to any thread that you start so you can follow the responses? Very cool!

I'm feeling better and still working at loving the new board. Now if they can just make it visually cozy like a quilt is...sigh.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

there is always a learning curve for anything new- so glad to hear you are actually putting forth the effort , so many people just became horribly negative=and refused to even do some research and learn all the new benefits- and perks available
seems like when any of us joined we had to learn where, when & hows---why so many would now refuse to put forth any effort puzzles me.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anna.425 View Post
I've been trying to love this new board. I just could not get past having to wade through hundreds of old threads. I went to my settings and set it to only show me the last day's threads. I get all the new threads that way without having to go through old ones to find them. Then I investigated the subscription settings. Did you know that you can set subscriptions to automatically subscribe you to any thread that you start so you can follow the responses? Very cool!
Can you show us how you did that for us more challenged ones on the board?
Old 11-17-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gramma B View Post
Can you show us how you did that for us more challenged ones on the board?

Me Too! Please!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:31 PM

I would like to know too.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:21 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Go to "settings", up by your name. Look down the left under "my account" and click on "general settings"? Now in the screen you should see "default subscription mode" under "messaging and notification". You can choose how you want to be notified. Remember to scroll down the screen and click to save changes.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:19 PM

This info you gave us, is that for the notification of the topics you are watching? How do you set it up so it shows only the last days thread. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
there is always a learning curve for anything new- so glad to hear you are actually putting forth the effort , so many people just became horribly negative=and refused to even do some research and learn all the new benefits- and perks available
seems like when any of us joined we had to learn where, when & hows---why so many would now refuse to put forth any effort puzzles me.
Has it occurred to you that some of us may not be able to understand it even when we put forth the effort? Some things just aren't making sense to me no matter how many times I read them.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:26 PM

Sorry it took so long, I had a long day at work today. I have posted the directions below. Hope this helps.

Go to Settings – Top right corner of the screen on the Charcoal colored bar
Go to General Settings – Left side bar under the title My Account
Scroll down the page to Thread Display Options
Go to Default Thread Age Cut Off:
Notice the Box next to the title – There is a drop down arrow in the box, when you click on it you can choose how far back you want the threads to show you;
I selected “Show Threads from the Last Day”

After you select your thread cut off age go down to the bottom right corner and click on Save Changes.

Grambi, I understand what you mean. Sometimes if I am having difficulty understanding directions I write them down myself and that helps me. Then you can read the directions while you are going through the settings.

Last edited by Anna.425; 11-17-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old 11-17-2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by grandma nurse View Post
This info you gave us, is that for the notification of the topics you are watching? How do you set it up so it shows only the last days thread. Thanks.
Also, what if you miss a day and want to read more than the "last" day's threads? I've been going to Archive at the bottom of the site because it is easier to read the topics but I would think this is not the way the Board should work, right?