Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
I feel so much better >

I feel so much better

I feel so much better

Old 11-17-2011, 10:48 PM

If you want more than one day you can set the Default Thread Age for two days or three days, whatever you want. If I find a thread that I want to follow I go to the bottom of the thread page and click on subscribe. That way I automatically get to follow the thread.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:44 PM

I advise anyone having a problem to start at the top of the page and check out each tab, one by one, to see what they do. It won't bite! When you get to settings, just read through each one and try different things that might work for you. As you play with the different tabs and options you will get to know what is going on and how it works. That way you don't have to read instructions and get intimidated. A lot of what this 'board' can do can be taught just by playing with it.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:16 AM

Thank you, Anna. These are the best directions I've seen on here since the change to this new format. I'm still trying to get my font to be colored. Just can't get it.

Originally Posted by Anna.425 View Post
Sorry it took so long, I had a long day at work today. I have posted the directions below. Hope this helps.

Go to Settings – Top right corner of the screen on the Charcoal colored bar
Go to General Settings – Left side bar under the title My Account
Scroll down the page to Thread Display Options
Go to Default Thread Age Cut Off:
Notice the Box next to the title – There is a drop down arrow in the box, when you click on it you can choose how far back you want the threads to show you;
I selected “Show Threads from the Last Day”

After you select your thread cut off age go down to the bottom right corner and click on Save Changes.

Grambi, I understand what you mean. Sometimes if I am having difficulty understanding directions I write them down myself and that helps me. Then you can read the directions while you are going through the settings.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
Also, what if you miss a day and want to read more than the "last" day's threads? I've been going to Archive at the bottom of the site because it is easier to read the topics but I would think this is not the way the Board should work, right?
Thanks, grandma nurse, I will give that a try. I usually check in every day but every once in a while, I force myself to play with my grandbabies!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:52 AM

Wow, what a great tip. Now the board looks great to me. Thanks Anna.425
Old 11-18-2011, 04:28 PM

Daffy, when you are in the Quick Reply box do you have icons across the top? Let me know if you don't and I will look up the directions. I was having difficulty with it as well and PM'd someone who figured it out and they helped me to color my font. and smilies too.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

To get the ability to get colored text and change things -
go to settings
- look to the left for the general settings
-scroll down almost to the bottom - look for message editor interface
- click on Enhanced Interface
Then you should be able to change colors, sizes and text also get smileys
Old 11-19-2011, 06:12 AM

Thanks for the great tips, Anna. As I was following your steps, I discovered the Threaded option to display messages in the same General Settings area. Under Thread Display Mode, change Thread Display Options to Threaded. I am accustomed to this method of viewing from my online teaching experience. You can see who replied to specific posts to follow the discussion path.

I did notice that I got a page display error when I tried to access a thread from the Main page on the Home tab with a very high number of replies, like the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop. I tried going to that topic through the Archive link at the bottom of the page and it works because you can click on each individual starting thread. Does anyone else use this or have any thoughts?
Cathy
Old 11-19-2011, 09:21 AM

Thank you! This thread has been very helpful to me.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:32 AM

THanks for the info fellow quilters for this great info on using the QB!! Fellow quilters are the best cuz they always are so friendly and helpful to other quilters--love you all!!