Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Is it me or are threads repeated? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/me-threads-repeated-t185678.html)

Nolee 04-11-2012 05:55 AM

Is it me or are threads repeated?

Some days I realize I am losing my mind but I have more of those "day sha voo" (yes, I know it's spelled wrong) days on this forum than anywhere else. On the old board, each day brought new threads. On this one, am I crazy or are they repeated? I KNOW I read that one yesterday, but I swear, here it is again. Do I have any sisters and brothers out there?

GrannieAnnie 04-11-2012 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee (Post 5132550)
Some days I realize I am losing my mind but I have more of those "day sha voo" (yes, I know it's spelled wrong) days on this forum than anywhere else. On the old board, each day brought new threads. On this one, am I crazy or are they repeated? I KNOW I read that one yesterday, but I swear, here it is again. Do I have any sisters and brothers out there?

When someone responds to a current thread it moves back to the top---------so you are seeing the threads again. Personally, I like it that way. Easy to see new responses.

willferg 04-11-2012 06:17 AM

I have had times lately where I see a post that hasn't changed colors (indicating it's been read), and yet I know I've read that post already. So I don't know. It always throws me for a loop, too.

PaperPrincess 04-11-2012 06:19 AM

Yeah, the new board will bring up old threads when a new response has been posted. I really, really, really, really miss the old 'unread topics' mechanism, but I guess that's progress.

GrannieAnnie 04-11-2012 06:19 AM

Sometimes a new thread will have a subject line identical to a previous thread-------or very close. That can throw us off track, too.

LynnVT 04-11-2012 06:23 AM

All true. Sometimes a new thread is started just like an old one because the person posting didn't see the old one. For example, there is a new thread on "knee lift" mechanisms, and there was another one on that subject not long ago. Not a problem.

#1piecemaker 04-11-2012 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 5132583)
When someone responds to a current thread it moves back to the top---------so you are seeing the threads again. Personally, I like it that way. Easy to see new responses.

GrannieAnnie is right. I've had threads come back from months after it has been posted. Sometimes someone will go to your profile and look up your last threads posted if they are interested in your work. If they make a comment on it, it will bring it back up to the top of the page.

fivepaws 04-11-2012 07:26 AM

Go into the archives of each subject and it lists articles in reverse order. Until I found that on the new board, I was ready to give up. Look under pictures, main, etc. Sometimes it is several frames down but it is there and well worth it.

Sandra in Minnesota 04-11-2012 09:01 AM

Thought it was just me. Glad that I am not going over the edge!

LadyElisabeth 04-11-2012 09:06 AM

You are not alone.