Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   New look of this site - just cannot get used to it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/new-look-site-just-cannot-get-used-t169601.html)

lisalovesquilting 11-26-2011 01:25 AM

I understand what you mean when you say it is harder to read. Having to move the text was very annoying, BUT somehow I got mine to all be on the screen at once, more like the old way. BUT I don't remember how I did it! Maybe someone can tell you how. Good luck.

SUZAG 11-26-2011 04:28 AM

This is the first that I have been on it all week, and I used to come on several times a day...it just doesn't interest me anymore because it is too hard to navigate. It's like loosing a friend... :( P.S. I do know my way around a computer...

grandma Janice 11-26-2011 05:53 AM

Is there a way to be notified of new posting on a thread I really am interested in?

aborning 11-26-2011 06:03 AM

For some reason, I just can't seem to get used to it either. Only come on here about half as much as I used to. I used to comeon here every day. Now I don't.

IowaStitcher 11-26-2011 06:10 AM

Somehow, the new look is a perfect example of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

ccrow99 11-26-2011 03:31 PM

I, too, am very disappointed. I never missed a day on this site and now I am on once a week at best. Was spending hours, now minutes. Developers of websites normally strive to create works of art that are easy to navigate and very user friendly. This site, just by the difficulty that everyone has experienced, is not an example of good development. I think the Quilting Board got the bargain basement developers. You get what you pay for.

QuiltingGrannie 11-26-2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by montanajan (Post 4713993)
Wondering .....
Is anyone else having trouble adjusting to the updated site? I keep coming back, but just do not feel comfortable navigating around it. As a result, I find myself using it less and less.
I also cannot make my previous signature return on my posts - used to be on the bottom of each msg I posted - now it is gone, even though I have checked "signature" at end of note. :(

Your signatures won't work here any more as they are an 'image' signature and they have changed it to NOT allow the image signatures. I really miss that aspect of this site. I too, am not on here as much as I once was. Have found other things to do and time to research other quilting things on line. There is so much out there!

QuiltingGrannie

montanajan 11-26-2011 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie (Post 4723188)
Your signatures won't work here any more as they are an 'image' signature and they have changed it to NOT allow the image signatures. I really miss that aspect of this site. I too, am not on here as much as I once was. Have found other things to do and time to research other quilting things on line. There is so much out there!

QuiltingGrannie

OK, now I understand the signature thing - really doesn't matter anyway since I'm not going to be posting much on this site for now. Thanks.

Annaquilts 11-26-2011 11:40 PM

No I have the same issues as you. I think the main reason I am lingering is because I am still in swaps I commited to.

Aussie Quilter 11-27-2011 03:30 AM

I can't put into words what I think of the so called 'improvement' or I would be banned from the board. 'Nuf said?

Helen.