Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   photos keep failing to upload (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/photos-keep-failing-upload-t301702.html)

nativetexan 12-22-2018 07:08 AM

don't forget to click UPLOAD. it is easy to do.

nativetexan 12-22-2018 08:08 AM

sorry the info on how to do photos isn't in photos, it is right here in QB help center at the very top when you open this subject. Good luck.

QuiltE 12-22-2018 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 8180157)
don't forget to click UPLOAD. it is easy to do.

Oh yes! I've been down that road and know that it can be missed too easily! :)

Watson 12-22-2018 03:43 PM

I always make sure my pics are a max of 1500 wide and they always upload. Not sure how helpful that is.

Watson

QuiltE 12-22-2018 04:06 PM

Quick and maybe silly question ...
I just noticed that my old camera has the photo sizes noted as MB.
Whereas the new is KB.

I'm thinking that 113KB = 1.13MB

Am I correct?

Maybe that's where I am off? .......... Thanks for helping me!

Mumto2 12-22-2018 06:38 PM

I have been having the same problem. Shrinking the size by washing it through my email, copying it to files, and uploading it here worked but is anything but straightforward.

Rhonda K 12-22-2018 07:49 PM

For PC/Windows:

You can check the "properties" of the picture to see the size. I do a right click on the picture, Open with Paint, Then select "resize". Try using 50% on both horizontal and vertical. Then do a "SAVE AS" and the picture name you want.

This process keeps the original size of the photo and the second copy with the new size and file name.

Tartan 12-22-2018 08:32 PM

I cannot upload pictures from my new iPad to QB. The camera takes clearer, higher definition pictures and I cannot down size them. Even my tech person couldn’t do it. I use my old iPad with less definition to load pictures to QB.

QuiltE 12-22-2018 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 8180406)
Quick and maybe silly question ...
I just noticed that my old camera has the photo sizes noted as MB.
Whereas the new is KB.

I'm thinking that 113KB = 1.13MB

Am I correct?

Maybe that's where I am off? .......... Thanks for helping me!

Did some more reading ...... it's the other way around
113KB = .113MB

So with that, my photos are well under the 1.9MB max

Tartan ... my photos are from a conventional digital camera.

Mumto2 12-23-2018 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8180514)
I cannot upload pictures from my new iPad to QB. The camera takes clearer, higher definition pictures and I cannot down size them. Even my tech person couldn’t do it. I use my old iPad with less definition to load pictures to QB.

Have you tried emailing them to yourself and copying the photo to files on the iPad? You can post photos from files, it’s a choice. It just took me awhile to figure out how to get my photo to files. Mine automatically reduce when they are emailed. My iPad was the latest version a year ago...