Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Picture issues (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/picture-issues-t165066.html)

Phyllis nm 11-11-2011 02:10 AM

posting pics

even on this post page, it is blank nothing is filled in. i have tried all 3 settings and advance. i do not have the option of selecting any thing. before i could post pics, what can i do? thanks,
phyllis nm:(

kimg 11-11-2011 02:26 PM

questions about new format

Folks, I have a couple of questions about the new Quilting Board format. First of all, how do you do a search? I have tried using the blank beside of the magnifying glass. The results I get are just not what I am looking for, and they don't seem to be the same type of results that I was always able to get when I did a search before the changes.
Also, can anyone tell me if posting pictures has changed. I can't get pictures to upload. I hope the new format is a good thing. It is so hard to accept changes to something we use daily. I also am having problems getting the board to "fit on my screen". Thanks in advance for your help.

Sadiemae 11-11-2011 02:31 PM

For searching you can click on advanced search under the magnifying glass and it will give you a lot of options for searching.
Be sure your pictures are smaller than 2Mb or they won't upload.

canuckninepatch 11-11-2011 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by EmbQuilt (Post 4622727)
When you want to add a picture (at least this is the view I seenon my iPad), you 1) click on POST QUICK REPLY on bottom right. 2) click on GO ADVANCED 3) click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS 4) browse for your file then click on UPLOAD 5)then click on CLOSE WINDOW 6) click on SUBMIT

I'm also having trouble posting pix....I'm going to try your instructions to post one now.... nope, no luck.....

canuckninepatch 11-11-2011 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch (Post 4668720)
I'm also having trouble posting pix....I'm going to try your instructions to post one now.... nope, no luck.....

Try #2.....

Sew 'N Sew 11-12-2011 05:20 AM

Question on the new board re: photos

I can read posts but there is not a photo or at least it doesn't open for me -- please advise.

dooley 11-12-2011 07:38 AM

cell phone

Is there a way to upload photos to QB from your cell phone?

barb55 11-12-2011 07:41 AM

I see were you write a message but can't find a place to add a picture. They say put your mouse over someting and I don't understand what that something is. None of it makes sense to me, may be I'm stupid.

klutzyquilter 11-12-2011 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by barb55 (Post 4670190)
I see were you write a message but can't find a place to add a picture. They say put your mouse over someting and I don't understand what that something is. None of it makes sense to me, may be I'm stupid.

Stupid you're NOT ....

MzMcKee 11-12-2011 09:03 AM

I don't think so. When you upload a photo to QB you are providing a direct path to the location of the photo that is directly connected to your computer. For example: c:\photos\quilt.jpg With a cell phone you can’t do that unless you’re using your cell at the time you want to upload and then you need to know the path to where the photo is located on the phone.
You can send your photo be email from your phone to your computer and from your email save it to a file that can be accessed by QB.
I hope this make sense. Mona