Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Picture issues (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/picture-issues-t165066.html)

Arcy 11-04-2011 05:28 AM

Thanks, Sadiemae and ghostrider for your information. I tested a photo post to the 'Test Your Pictures Here' thread in the Pictures section. It was a .jpg file 54kb. It came up fairly large so I suppose keeping the picture files small helps and it uploaded to the Board quickly.

humbird 11-04-2011 05:34 AM

no photos in the gallery

I used to go to the gallery often just to look at all the lovely quilts. Now, all I get there is a red X but when I click on it, it won't bring up the quilt. Perhaps it's just my computer. I am so dissapointed.

I was so comfortable with the old board, and wonder why "the powers that be" thought it necessary to make such drastic changes. So frustrating.

cherrio 11-04-2011 05:50 AM

you are not alone viewing red x's. a bug that will work out I hope

dunster 11-04-2011 05:51 AM

I also have only the red x's in the gallery, but I see pictures on most other threads. Hopefully it's a problem that can and will be fixed.

emsgranny 11-04-2011 05:52 AM

I know what you mean - there is an attachment section that shows all the attachments you have done ie pictures from prior classifieds on old system - do we delete those or will they delete if we delete the ad (of course I dont know how to do this either lol) HELP!!!!

orangeroom 11-04-2011 05:54 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed in new site. I am as well. I attempted to pop into live chat this morning. You wouldn't believe how irritating it is to be reading a post and 1/2 way through it, have the site automatically scroll up to ~4 minutes previous in the conversation. Every time a new post is added, the 'live chat' becomes...look what was written/posted minutes ago! What a pain in the tuccus!

vljens6080 11-04-2011 05:56 AM

I am having the same problem with getting a red X and when I click on it, it won't bring up the pictures on my computer either. Is there a setting or something I have to change?

Thanks for any help you can give me but in the meantime, I am plugging along trying to find where things are located and, remembering WHERE I saw them :confused: Think I just might have to resort to the old fashioned way of using a pencil and paper to write the information found down LOL!

ghostrider 11-04-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by emsgranny (Post 4629653)
I know what you mean - there is an attachment section that shows all the attachments you have done ie pictures from prior classifieds on old system - do we delete those or will they delete if we delete the ad (of course I dont know how to do this either lol) HELP!!!!

Once uploaded, they do not delete even if the thread is deleted. Photos I posted during the testing period are still in my attachment section, but all the testing threads are gone for obvious reasons. I don't believe you can delete the ad either, just edit. Read the Terms of Service, the section on Content.

Caroline S 11-04-2011 06:11 AM

Add me to the list. I THINK the problem is due to the size of the photo I tried to upload. I see that there is a limit of 1.91 megabites and most of mine are over that. At this point I do not know how to reduce the mb's. That was not a problem before the change.

Shirls4sons 11-04-2011 06:13 AM

I also am getting only red X's. And I thought it was only me....sure glad this thread was started so that I know we are all in the same RED boat!