Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Pop ups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/pop-ups-t293398.html)

Blueridgebeverly 12-18-2017 06:41 AM

Pop ups

I know the two threads about unwanted pop ups have been closed. But I’m still having problems. It’s worse than ever this morning. I know I’m only one little soul here, but I can’t even read threads, let alone post a message. Again, I only use safari on my iPad, and this doesn’t happen on any other website. I like the Quilting Board. But I hardly come around any more.......

Tartan 12-18-2017 07:10 AM

I also use Safari on my iPad for QB but since admin did the last fix I have been okay with no pop ups other then the regular header and side ads. I do have ads blocked on my iPad though.

patricej 12-18-2017 07:33 AM

they have not been able to replicate the problem again since they did the last "fix."
is there any way you can send me a screen shot by email?
or post it here?

i wish you would also try using a different browser.
not the ideal fix but if switching from safari to something else works, it's worth the few minutes it will take to download and install another one. i don't know if firefox is available for iPads but that's the one i like best on all my computers.

MarLeClair 12-18-2017 07:46 AM

I don't get the ads anymore but I get an annoying "Congrats". I have won something. I close it out and it takes me out of QB and I have to start all over again. Only place this happens. Very annoying. I use my iPad and safari. Can anyone help?

SusieQOH 12-18-2017 12:46 PM

Our techie friend was here on Saturday and he put an ad blocker of my Mac- no more ads!!!!! I was getting tired of seeing Christie Brinkley on the quilt board!

mermaid 12-19-2017 03:43 AM

I think it is the Safari browser. I had given it up for reading QB, but last night it happened again on another site "LSN", a local buy/sell site. "Congratulations-you've won etc etc. Infuriating! It's driving me to drink!
So I have another browser on my iPad--'Apollo'--it was free from the app store--and I don't have the pop ups with it. I don't know what to do about Safari. Guess I will just kill it and put it out of it's misery!

nwm50 12-19-2017 05:51 AM

I can't open this without pops up too.... I quit reading and try to go to next subject but it append there too. Very annoying. I only have an iPad to use. Help!

Wanabee Quiltin 12-19-2017 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by MarLeClair (Post 7965244)
I don't get the ads anymore but I get an annoying "Congrats". I have won something. I close it out and it takes me out of QB and I have to start all over again. Only place this happens. Very annoying. I use my iPad and safari. Can anyone help?

I get this on my IPad too. I have to use my iPhone to check out anything so I rarely comment. It’s just Horrible. They ask questions to see if you won and even though I deliberately answer wrong, they say I won.

patricej 12-19-2017 02:57 PM

again ... i ask and advise ...

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 7965237)
they have not been able to replicate the problem again since they did the last "fix."
is there any way you can send me a screen shot by email?
or post it here?

i wish you would also try using a different browser.
not the ideal fix but if switching from safari to something else works, it's worth the few minutes it will take to download and install another one. i don't know if firefox is available for iPads but that's the one i like best on all my computers.

Blueridgebeverly 12-19-2017 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585713[/ATTACH]
This is the one I got while trying to read this thread. I’m not a cleveland one customer by the way.