Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pop ups

Pop ups

I know the two threads about unwanted pop ups have been closed. But Iím still having problems. Itís worse than ever this morning. I know Iím only one little soul here, but I canít even read threads, let alone post a message. Again, I only use safari on my iPad, and this doesnít happen on any other website. I like the Quilting Board. But I hardly come around any more.......

Power Poster
    I also use Safari on my iPad for QB but since admin did the last fix I have been okay with no pop ups other then the regular header and side ads. I do have ads blocked on my iPad though.

Blog Entries
    they have not been able to replicate the problem again since they did the last "fix."
    is there any way you can send me a screen shot by email?
    or post it here?

i wish you would also try using a different browser.
    not the ideal fix but if switching from safari to something else works, it's worth the few minutes it will take to download and install another one. i don't know if firefox is available for iPads but that's the one i like best on all my computers.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

I don't get the ads anymore but I get an annoying "Congrats". I have won something. I close it out and it takes me out of QB and I have to start all over again. Only place this happens. Very annoying. I use my iPad and safari. Can anyone help?
    Marilyn

Our techie friend was here on Saturday and he put an ad blocker of my Mac- no more ads!!!!! I was getting tired of seeing Christie Brinkley on the quilt board!

I think it is the Safari browser. I had given it up for reading QB, but last night it happened again on another site "LSN", a local buy/sell site. "Congratulations-you've won etc etc. Infuriating! It's driving me to drink!
    So I have another browser on my iPad--'Apollo'--it was free from the app store--and I don't have the pop ups with it. I don't know what to do about Safari. Guess I will just kill it and put it out of it's misery!

I can't open this without pops up too.... I quit reading and try to go to next subject but it append there too. Very annoying. I only have an iPad to use. Help!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-19-2017 at 06:29 AM. Reason: remove shouting
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Quote Originally Posted by MarLeClair View Post
    I don't get the ads anymore but I get an annoying "Congrats". I have won something. I close it out and it takes me out of QB and I have to start all over again. Only place this happens. Very annoying. I use my iPad and safari. Can anyone help?
    I get this on my IPad too. I have to use my iPhone to check out anything so I rarely comment. It’s just Horrible. They ask questions to see if you won and even though I deliberately answer wrong, they say I won.

Blog Entries
    again ... i ask and advise ...

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
    they have not been able to replicate the problem again since they did the last "fix."
    is there any way you can send me a screen shot by email?
    or post it here?

i wish you would also try using a different browser.
    not the ideal fix but if switching from safari to something else works, it's worth the few minutes it will take to download and install another one. i don't know if firefox is available for iPads but that's the one i like best on all my computers.

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Name:  C5670114-9ADA-40EA-93D4-65DE590245B7.png
Views: 242
Size:  405.1 KB
    This is the one I got while trying to read this thread. I’m not a cleveland one customer by the way.

Blog Entries
    thank you for the screenshot.
    i have notified tech support.

please install and use a different browser while they research the problem with safari.

I’m having this same problem. Only when I come to this site. I tried deleting my history and tryin again but I cannot get the Popups to stop and it’s happening every page! So frustrating!

Blog Entries
    Glad it is not just me. Very frustrating so I am sitting at my desktop today reading instead. Hoping for a fix soon. I'm getting addicted to this board.

I'm having the same problem continually on my Kindle Fire. It only happens when I'm on the QB. the only way to get rid of it is to close the whole page. I have tried complaining to Amazon , the maker of Kindle, but so far no help. Can some one here help?
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Here is a screen shot of it. I don't even use Google or have any Google chrome apps on my Kindle. It's a scam; I tried it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    if you are not using google chrome as the browser, what are you using?

I am using Bing as my browser. Actually my Kindle says I'm using Silk Browser, but in the settings it says my search engine is Bing. I have the option of changing my search engine to Google, but I haven't. I'm not computer savvy so I could be totally wrong.
    Last edited by NZquilter; 12-30-2017 at 11:44 AM.

That congratulations thing is the highjacker I was talking about. It is different from popup ads. It is only happening on the Quilting Board, not other sites I visit. Since it is now happening to someone using Kindle Fire, I think it’s safe to say that the problem is on QB and is not a problem with the Safari browser on Ipads.

Some days it does not happen at all, and other days I can not look at QB without having it highjack me continually. The only way out of it is to close the page and open a new page for QB, I had to do that several times the other day when trying to reply on a thread. Finally I just gave up.

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Rryder, by hijacker do you mean the popup has a virus? The last thing I need is a virus. I got this Kindle for Christmas so I'm still learning the ropes on all the software.

It’s happening constantly to me on my iPad using safari. I use only safari for my internet and it’s only happening on QB.

Hey, you guys...do as Patrice suggested. Go to the app store and install another browser--at least until safari is fixed. Yes, it is safari...the 'congrats you won" came to my ipad while browsing a local 'buy'/sell' site. and I was using safari. I've installed a free browser that stops trackers and ads--it was free...it's called BRAVE and it is wonderful--no issues at all, no ads, no 'congrats'...all I had to do was select (it is pix of red lion face), enter my Apple password and ipad does the rest. I've never really liked Safari anyway, and have used a couple of other browsers in the past...one called Apollo has ad blocker. If you prefer Safari, you can always delete the temp browser---but I like it and don't think I will!

But I don't use Safari and I still get it. And I even installed an Ad block and I still get it....

If it were a safari problem, it would be happening everywhere I use safari. It’s only happening on the qb. I don’t think it’s a safari issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaS View Post
    If it were a safari problem, it would be happening everywhere I use safari. It’s only happening on the qb. I don’t think it’s a safari issue.
    I cannot read the QB with safari browser, but with my new browser, Brave, I can browse QB and never get the 'congrats you won". That pop up hijacks the QB pages and I've also had it hijack other sites I've used Safari with on my iPad. That's why I am so sure it is safari browser. There's just some kind of malicious malware that I think has implanted and only pops out on certain sites.... As long as my added browser works, I will stay away from safari for QB and other sites I've had the annoying hijacker!

Blog Entries
    i have sent this new information forward to tech support.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast