Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Posts questions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/posts-questions-t165921.html)

lee_stitches 11-04-2011 11:32 AM

Items for Sale

Originally Posted by joyce blint (Post 4630429)
My thoughts, too. All I get are the same old threads. Over and over. Nothing new "for Sale" since we got on this format???? I'll keep trying, but the switch isn't going that smoothely for me.

I emailed about the items for sale and was told that it will be ready tomorrow. It will be the "Thrift" store. It was still being tweaked. All members will be able to view and make purchases but to sell an item you must have a rating of senior member or higher, if I remember correctly.

meemersmom 11-05-2011 06:37 AM

If you click on Settings at the top right of the page, all the threads (topics) you subscribe (follow/watch) will be listed. The are by Title and name of original poster. If you scroll down to the bottom of that page, on the right is a blue box that says View All Subscribed Threads. On the far right of the next screen is a listing of your Notification preferences (none, daily, instant, etc.). Check the box(es) of the ones you want, then click on Selected Threads at the bottom of that page. You will have options of what you want to do with what you've selected. It is a couple of extra steps than before, but will become second nature in no time.

deemail 11-05-2011 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by meemersmom (Post 4635430)
If you click on Settings at the top right of the page, all the threads (topics) you subscribe (follow/watch) will be listed. The are by Title and name of original poster. If you scroll down to the bottom of that page, on the right is a blue box that says View All Subscribed Threads. On the far right of the next screen is a listing of your Notification preferences (none, daily, instant, etc.). Check the box(es) of the ones you want, then click on Selected Threads at the bottom of that page. You will have options of what you want to do with what you've selected. It is a couple of extra steps than before, but will become second nature in no time.

how does this answer a question about posting a new topic???? i have been looking for a half hour and i haven't found it either...nothing listed here has to do with posting a new topic!

meemersmom 11-05-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by deemail (Post 4636800)
how does this answer a question about posting a new topic???? i have been looking for a half hour and i haven't found it either...nothing listed here has to do with posting a new topic!

Start at Home. Select the Forum that is most appropriate for the new topic you want to post. Once you're on that page, there will be a blue tile (button) on the upper left corner of the page, below the header that says "+Post New Thread". That's the easiest way I have found so far.

Sadiemae 11-05-2011 08:46 PM

Posts per page...

I am much happier now. Some of the topics have 10, 20, 30 pages or more. The Important topic had over 150 pages. I do not like going from page to page, to page, to page. I changed my number of posts per page in Settings. What a relief!!!! I do have to scroll down farther, but I don't mind that. I like it much better!

vintagemotif 11-05-2011 08:54 PM

I changed mine too. Another helpful and wonderful setting!

Sandee 11-06-2011 09:12 AM

New Question about the QB

Is there a way to put postings in order by time and date?? They seem to go back & forth & I am looking at the same ones over & over. Thank you.

golfnut 11-06-2011 10:13 AM

Read and Unread Items

How can you tell before opening a thread if you have already read it? Is there any way it shows up? Sorry if this has already been asked before.

merryraven 11-06-2011 10:18 AM

I have the same question.

Kitsie 11-06-2011 10:29 AM

The "envelope" is supposed to change color and the title not be in bold anymore. I've not found this to be true even if I've replied to it! Darn!

Oh, wait, I thought I was logged in, but I wasn't. BIG difference!! Found it's best to re-log-in everytime.