Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/questions-complaints-about-new-format-collected-here-t308875.html)

ILoveToQuilt 01-02-2020 02:58 PM

One thing I just found: for those of us who like to have our signature further down the page from the body of the comment, just keep hitting "enter" key, This will put blank spaces between text and signature. Now lets see if it works again.

IrishNY 01-02-2020 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 8346670)
you really need to look at everything that's been posted. this is being discussed here:

https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-hel...s-t308912.html
'

I did read that thread prior to posting earlier, as I said. It doesn't offer any solutions to the issue I raised. I had already searched looked through the User CP and didn't find any setting that allows me to signal when I've already read a thread. If there is a direct solution, please provide it. Otherwise, please add it to the list.

QuiltnNan 01-02-2020 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt (Post 8346738)
One thing I just found: for those of us who like to have our signature further down the page from the body of the comment, just keep hitting "enter" key, This will put blank spaces between text and signature. Now lets see if it works again.

Please do not do that.... It can take up too much extra space and slow the system down. If Admin wants that feature, they will add that.

SueZQ from MN 01-02-2020 04:01 PM

missing forum categories

Will the categories for help or items that people are seeking to locate be returned in the future, or are they now gone for good?

QuiltnNan 01-02-2020 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by SueZQ from MN (Post 8346761)
Will the categories for help or items that people are seeking to locate be returned in the future, or are they now gone for good?

They are still part of the list of Forum, which can be viewed from the menu above. If there's a caret/arrow after a forum title, click on that.

SueZQ from MN 01-02-2020 04:16 PM

categories back

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 8346762)
They are still part of the list of Forum, which can be viewed from the menu above. If there's a caret/arrow after a forum title, click on that.

They have finally appeared. As happened once before, they must have gone out to lunch. Thanks.

patricej 01-02-2020 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt (Post 8346734)
PatriceJ:
Maybe now we can get our "Like" button? Please, please, please?????? LOL

over my dead body.

we are better than FaceBook.
i'd prefer to keep it that way.

patricej 01-02-2020 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY (Post 8346757)
I did read that thread prior to posting earlier, as I said. It doesn't offer any solutions to the issue I raised. I had already searched looked through the User CP and didn't find any setting that allows me to signal when I've already read a thread. If there is a direct solution, please provide it. Otherwise, please add it to the list.

that was never a QB option.
boldface to not bold will suffice unless they can fiddle with something behind the scenes.
it is a low priority.

granky 01-02-2020 05:22 PM

I didn't read all of the messages, but enough pages to know what most of the complaints are. My question concerns the changing of the color of the font after clicking to read a thread. I notice that the archives still has that feature. Is that because the tech team just hasn't gotten to the archives yet? I really like that feature, because I'm on the board spasmodically, and it saves me time. (I guess I'm admitting that my memory isn't as good as it should be, since I sometimes have to read a bit of something to realize I've read it previously. Not always, but sometimes....)

sydneybean 01-02-2020 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pat M. (Post 8346086)
This is confusing to read. Oldest to the new, I like new to old.

I find that interesting. I like oldest to newest. If someone asks a question I don't want to read the answer before I read the question.