Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   When to use triangle? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/when-use-triangle-t308337.html)

bearisgray 11-29-2019 04:51 AM

When to use triangle?

It is a small black triangle at the bottom of each post -

It specifically state to only use it to report the following:

Note: This is Only to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Are there any other instances when it might be appropriate to use it?

Examples:
too much personal information - such as a phone number, etc.
a post of some "importance" that seems to have been posted to a non-relevant thread and perhaps should be moved?

Tartan 11-29-2019 05:41 AM

​Hmmmm, never knew what it was for

QuiltnNan 11-29-2019 12:59 PM

It can be used to report any issue. I like to see it used instead of a PM to a particular moderator because the issue is then handled by the first moderator to get to it... instead of waiting for the PM'd moderator who may be unavailable for many reasons.

bearisgray 11-29-2019 01:26 PM

From the way it was worded, I got the impression it was only to report "bad" things.

QuiltnNan 11-29-2019 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 8334181)
From the way it was worded, I got the impression it was only to report "bad" things.

there are many things on the QB that don't work they way they are described, or that their purposes have changed. If the triangle gets something 'fixed' in an expeditious way, I say 'go for it'

lawsonmugs 12-01-2019 10:23 AM

I love the above answer. lol

feline fanatic 12-02-2019 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 8334182)
there are many things on the QB that don't work they way they are described, or that their purposes have changed. If the triangle gets something 'fixed' in an expeditious way, I say 'go for it'

If that is the case then the rules/descriptions/instructions need to be updated. It is ridiculous to get cited for an infraction of QB rules when that rule isn't clearly stated and posted, has changed, directly contradicts itself with another rule (or even in the same rule), doesn't work the way it is described or subject to different interpretations. It is no wonder the QB is a mere shadow of what it used to be in terms of active participants. Many have left or worse yet banned due to different interpretations of the QB rules or feeling bullied because a rule they were accused of breaking isn't clearly defined and posted.

bearisgray 12-02-2019 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 8335216)
If that is the case then the rules/descriptions/instructions need to be updated. It is ridiculous to get cited for an infraction of QB rules when that rule isn't clearly stated and posted, has changed, directly contradicts itself with another rule (or even in the same rule), doesn't work the way it is described or subject to different interpretations. It is no wonder the QB is a mere shadow of what it used to be in terms of active participants. Many have left or worse yet banned due to different interpretations of the QB rules or feeling bullied because a rule they were accused of breaking isn't clearly defined and posted.

What she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuiltnNan 12-02-2019 09:02 AM

members are not banned for an 'interpretation' of the rules... banning is for clear violations after multiple warnings. an example of a 'thing' that does not work as intended is the huge amount of PDA the swaps forums... that is not their intended use, but we let it go. there are other examples, but too much to be listed here.

Claire123 12-03-2019 12:28 AM

Interesting. I never noticed it or thought about it. Nice to know.