Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: When to use triangle?

Power Poster

When to use triangle?

It is a small black triangle at the bottom of each post -

It specifically state to only use it to report the following:

Note: This is Only to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Are there any other instances when it might be appropriate to use it?

Examples:
    too much personal information - such as a phone number, etc.
    a post of some "importance" that seems to have been posted to a non-relevant thread and perhaps should be moved?
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-29-2019 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spammed advertising

Power Poster
    ​Hmmmm, never knew what it was for

Blog Entries
    It can be used to report any issue. I like to see it used instead of a PM to a particular moderator because the issue is then handled by the first moderator to get to it... instead of waiting for the PM'd moderator who may be unavailable for many reasons.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Power Poster
    From the way it was worded, I got the impression it was only to report "bad" things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    From the way it was worded, I got the impression it was only to report "bad" things.
    there are many things on the QB that don't work they way they are described, or that their purposes have changed. If the triangle gets something 'fixed' in an expeditious way, I say 'go for it'
    Nancy in western NY
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I love the above answer. lol
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    there are many things on the QB that don't work they way they are described, or that their purposes have changed. If the triangle gets something 'fixed' in an expeditious way, I say 'go for it'
    If that is the case then the rules/descriptions/instructions need to be updated. It is ridiculous to get cited for an infraction of QB rules when that rule isn't clearly stated and posted, has changed, directly contradicts itself with another rule (or even in the same rule), doesn't work the way it is described or subject to different interpretations. It is no wonder the QB is a mere shadow of what it used to be in terms of active participants. Many have left or worse yet banned due to different interpretations of the QB rules or feeling bullied because a rule they were accused of breaking isn't clearly defined and posted.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    If that is the case then the rules/descriptions/instructions need to be updated. It is ridiculous to get cited for an infraction of QB rules when that rule isn't clearly stated and posted, has changed, directly contradicts itself with another rule (or even in the same rule), doesn't work the way it is described or subject to different interpretations. It is no wonder the QB is a mere shadow of what it used to be in terms of active participants. Many have left or worse yet banned due to different interpretations of the QB rules or feeling bullied because a rule they were accused of breaking isn't clearly defined and posted.
    What she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    members are not banned for an 'interpretation' of the rules... banning is for clear violations after multiple warnings. an example of a 'thing' that does not work as intended is the huge amount of PDA the swaps forums... that is not their intended use, but we let it go. there are other examples, but too much to be listed here.
    Nancy in western NY

Interesting. I never noticed it or thought about it. Nice to know.

Blog Entries
    members are not banned for an 'interpretation' of the rules... banning is for clear violations after multiple warnings. an example of a 'thing' that does not work as intended is the huge amount of PDA the swaps forums... that is not their intended use, but we let it go. there are other examples, but too much to be listed here.
    What does PDA mean?
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    What does PDA mean?
    Personal Diaries and Announcements
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Personal Diaries and Announcements
    Thanks! I learn something new everyday!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Power Poster
    PDA is also frequently used for "Public Displays of Affection"

Blog Entries
    Before I asked, I googled PDA. https://www.google.com/search?q=PDA&...=silk&ie=UTF-8 Yeah, not that type of PDA!