Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
When to use triangle? >

When to use triangle?

When to use triangle?

Old 11-29-2019, 04:51 AM
  #1  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 23,274
Default When to use triangle?

It is a small black triangle at the bottom of each post -

It specifically state to only use it to report the following:

Note: This is Only to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Are there any other instances when it might be appropriate to use it?

Examples:
too much personal information - such as a phone number, etc.
a post of some "importance" that seems to have been posted to a non-relevant thread and perhaps should be moved?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-29-2019 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spammed advertising
bearisgray is offline  
Old 11-29-2019, 05:41 AM
  #2  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 38,650
Default

​Hmmmm, never knew what it was for
Tartan is offline  
Old 11-29-2019, 12:59 PM
  #3  
Power Poster
 
QuiltnNan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
Posts: 51,433
Default

It can be used to report any issue. I like to see it used instead of a PM to a particular moderator because the issue is then handled by the first moderator to get to it... instead of waiting for the PM'd moderator who may be unavailable for many reasons.
QuiltnNan is offline  
Old 11-29-2019, 01:26 PM
  #4  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 23,274
Default

From the way it was worded, I got the impression it was only to report "bad" things.
bearisgray is offline  
Old 11-29-2019, 01:31 PM
  #5  
Power Poster
 
QuiltnNan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
Posts: 51,433
Default

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
From the way it was worded, I got the impression it was only to report "bad" things.
there are many things on the QB that don't work they way they are described, or that their purposes have changed. If the triangle gets something 'fixed' in an expeditious way, I say 'go for it'
QuiltnNan is offline  
Old 12-01-2019, 10:23 AM
  #6  
Power Poster
 
lawsonmugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: missouri
Posts: 10,334
Default

I love the above answer. lol
lawsonmugs is offline  
Old 12-02-2019, 07:52 AM
  #7  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 10,568
Default

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
there are many things on the QB that don't work they way they are described, or that their purposes have changed. If the triangle gets something 'fixed' in an expeditious way, I say 'go for it'
If that is the case then the rules/descriptions/instructions need to be updated. It is ridiculous to get cited for an infraction of QB rules when that rule isn't clearly stated and posted, has changed, directly contradicts itself with another rule (or even in the same rule), doesn't work the way it is described or subject to different interpretations. It is no wonder the QB is a mere shadow of what it used to be in terms of active participants. Many have left or worse yet banned due to different interpretations of the QB rules or feeling bullied because a rule they were accused of breaking isn't clearly defined and posted.
feline fanatic is offline  
Old 12-02-2019, 08:01 AM
  #8  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 23,274
Default

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
If that is the case then the rules/descriptions/instructions need to be updated. It is ridiculous to get cited for an infraction of QB rules when that rule isn't clearly stated and posted, has changed, directly contradicts itself with another rule (or even in the same rule), doesn't work the way it is described or subject to different interpretations. It is no wonder the QB is a mere shadow of what it used to be in terms of active participants. Many have left or worse yet banned due to different interpretations of the QB rules or feeling bullied because a rule they were accused of breaking isn't clearly defined and posted.
What she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bearisgray is offline  
Old 12-02-2019, 09:02 AM
  #9  
Power Poster
 
QuiltnNan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
Posts: 51,433
Default

members are not banned for an 'interpretation' of the rules... banning is for clear violations after multiple warnings. an example of a 'thing' that does not work as intended is the huge amount of PDA the swaps forums... that is not their intended use, but we let it go. there are other examples, but too much to be listed here.
QuiltnNan is offline  
Old 12-03-2019, 12:28 AM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,489
Default

Interesting. I never noticed it or thought about it. Nice to know.
Claire123 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
judy363905
Main
6
08-17-2015 05:39 PM
Valerie Ann
Main
4
06-10-2015 03:27 AM
NewsletterBot
Main
4
08-19-2007 12:52 PM
DebJ
Main
6
07-15-2007 03:42 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.