Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Why don't more members have photo albums in their profiles? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/why-dont-more-members-have-photo-albums-their-profiles-t287181.html)

sewbizgirl 03-30-2017 11:14 AM

Why don't more members have photo albums in their profiles?

Photo Albums. It's a wonderful feature of this site that you can have photo albums in your profile.... so why don't more people do it?

Many times the discussions here lead me to want to see what others have made (look at their quilting, etc.) so I go looking for some examples in their profiles. But so few people have made albums. I think they are fun and an easy way to share your quilts with the other members. And if your computer crashes, your pictures in the albums will not be lost. They'll be here!

Quiltaddict 03-30-2017 11:29 AM

I did not know that you could do that. I'll have to find out how to create an album, I have lots of pictures of quilts I've done.

nativetexan 03-30-2017 11:46 AM

I've never seen albums. just photos put into groups by moderators in the gallery.

NZquilter 03-30-2017 11:57 AM

I've been slowly setting up mine but I've been having trouble making my pics fit in the page; they are always huge and don't look very inviting:) But I agree, the photo albums are a nice way to share quilts.
I was just looking at yours today, sewbizgirl:) Lovely quilts!

Judith1005 03-30-2017 12:03 PM

I have my Albums set up. I add to them. Make new ones, sometimes delete old ones. These days, a lot of quilters are guarding there designs and just don't want them on the net. Some QB'rs may not know of that feature. I enjoy having the albums feature. It helps me keep up with my creations and to see each new turn my quilting takes. I too love checking out peoples profiles and albums. Maybe this discussion will start a new trend.

Pictures have to be sized no larger then 360 x 640. I use photobucket.com to resize my photos. Others use there own computer programs. There is help references in the QB help center section.

Nechama117 03-30-2017 12:23 PM

How to begin to do this? I am using an iPad, does that matter in how we put in photos? It is nice to see other quilts.

joe'smom 03-30-2017 12:48 PM

I just haven't taken the time to look into how it's done. Thanks for the reminder.

popover 03-30-2017 01:19 PM

No interest in battling everything to get it done. I'd rather be quilting.

jbj137 03-30-2017 01:29 PM

*** Instructions (tutorial), please.

feline fanatic 03-30-2017 01:45 PM

There are other ways to view members pictures if you are interested in their work. Click their profiles then click "find latest started threads". Then you can go to any thread in the "pictures" forum that member has started. That is how I store all my photos on the qb by starting a topic to share the quilt. In the topic I can put all the details such as pattern name, types of threads used, batting used, etc. I see no reason to have my photos on the QB in two different areas.