Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Printing Tutorials >

Printing Tutorials

Printing Tutorials

Old 09-23-2014, 08:13 PM

Question Printing Tutorials

Is there a secret way to print a tutorial? I can't seem to copy & paste it. Thanks!

Mary Lou
Old 09-24-2014, 02:49 AM

I use my control button to highlight what I want printed then copy. When I get to where I want it printed I hit control V to copy on the page and save. Hope this helps you.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:34 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks so much----I finally got it! I appreciate your help.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:00 AM

wouldn't it be nice if those who made the tutorials also saved a PDF of them for easy printing. Course I wouldn't know how to do it!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:00 PM

If anyone is using Mozilla Firefox as their browser, there is an add on called "Print Pages to PDF" that you can download. Click on Tools, Add ons, then look for it. Or Google, there could be more similar to use with other browsers.. Anyhooo - with this add-on, you just right click on a tutorial page, a popup window will come up with the 'print pages to pdf' choice. Click on that, then 'Print all active tabs' or whichever you like and it will put all the tutorial info into one PDF on your computer, in whichever folder your downloads go to. Much simpler than copy and paste, as I have done alot of that also! Maybe this will help someone as it did me.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:14 PM

Unless you have a old computer, the snip tool will allow you to grab any portion of anything you see on your screen and easily paste into a word document or an open office document. The snip tool is found under the start button on your computer. Just click on the snip tool and it will appear, select NEW and a cross bar will appear. Simply drag that around what you want to copy.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:05 PM

WOW - you learn something new every day!!! I never saw my "snipping tool" until just now. Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by Wow I Like That View Post
Unless you have a old computer, the snip tool will allow you to grab any portion of anything you see on your screen and easily paste into a word document or an open office document. The snip tool is found under the start button on your computer. Just click on the snip tool and it will appear, select NEW and a cross bar will appear. Simply drag that around what you want to copy.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:04 PM

My laptop came loaded with a program - Nitro Free PDF Creator. If you try to print a page, when you go to printer, you will see this app as one of the printer alternatives. It will create a PDF rather than actually printing the page. If there is more than one page, when you name the file the same, then it will ask "do you want to overwrite or append?"
There is a paid version that will allow you to change a PDF into a Word document. I haven't bought that yet. I use this ALLLLL the time and love the results. It will print everything you are looking at, even the ads, but for free, it is great!.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Power Poster

thanks for this info, Barb. i downloaded it at your suggestion and it is terrific
Old 09-25-2014, 03:02 AM

If you click on "thread tools" above the first post, there's a "show printable version" option. You can tell it to print only the pages that have the actual tutorial if you don't want it to print all the comments on the thread along with it.