Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Private Messages ? >

Private Messages ?

Private Messages ?

Old 10-05-2020, 06:12 AM

Default Private Messages ?

I think I've asked this before but don't remember how to do it if I did. I would like to clean out some of my stored messages. I have 436 messages stored. How do I select the ones I want to empty? If I click on the area that says "empty folder" it asks if I am sure I want to permanently delete all items in the inbox. Well, I want to view the items before I delete them & only select the ones I want to get rid of. How do I do this without deleting all items? How do items get in storage? I never remember "storing" messages. Thanks!

This is what it says I have in my Private Messages folder:
Folder Controls
Inbox contains 71 messages.
You have 436 messages stored, of a total 500 allowed
. (Empty Folder)
Old 10-05-2020, 08:25 AM

When you go to private messages, go a couple of lines down from where it says empty folder and there is a drop down box that you can choose what category to look at. Go down the list and click on the box to the right of the ones you don't want. Go all the way to the bottom. There's another drop down box to decide what to do with those that are checked. Scroll down and Click on Delete and then click GO which is right next to it to the right. Be aware that all checks you have put by messages will go away. It will give you a count of how many you are deleting.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 10-05-2020 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:47 PM

Thanks so much for that information. It worked great! I've deleted about 1/2 of what I had in there. Your instructions were perfect!