Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Problems with posting and sending PM's >

Problems with posting and sending PM's

Problems with posting and sending PM's

Old 01-25-2012, 11:09 AM

Default Problems with posting and sending PM's

Is it just me, or are others having problems with trying to post threads, and PM's-I have lost count in the past few days how many times I have logged on, typed a PM or reply to a thread, and have the Quiltboard freeze up and an error message saying the Quiltboard.com is not responding. I then have to re-log on, re-type everything and try again. It has happened this morning again several times, especially when trying to send a PM. I am getting really frustrated!!!! I stayed off the board for a couple of months because I got so frustrated, but missed it so much, I decided I needed to try again-so I really don't want to quilt again. Why does this happen so frequently?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:13 AM

Are you using Internet Explorer for your browser? This particular forum software platform never has worked well with IE. I have to use Google Chrome for this forum or I get all sorts of errors.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

I use Google Chrome browser and never have a problem with this site. Chrome is a fast browser, no viruses to worry about either.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 01-25-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:47 AM

I use IE7 and IE8 and have no issues with this site.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:04 PM

I use IE and have very few problems. Once every few weeks I won't be able to log on for a little while late at night. I just assume they are doing maintainance or something.

Have you run a scan with your virus progam recently? Even if mine doesn't find anything, it seems to make the computer run better after a scan.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:12 PM

I agree about Google Chrome. I don't know why it took me so long to change over.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
Are you using Internet Explorer for your browser? This particular forum software platform never has worked well with IE. I have to use Google Chrome for this forum or I get all sorts of errors.
I use Internet Explorer-so I have asked DH if I can switch for this board-I don't have problems with other sites, only this one. I also will type a reply to a thread, and when I hit "Post Quick Reply", it won't post and a box pops up asking if I want to stay on the page or leave the page. Very frustrating!! I will see about switching, but being very "computer challenged", I need DH to set it all up and show me what to do. Funny, some people with IE aren't having any trouble, and some are.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 PM

I have yet to be successful in either posting a pic or reply to post. It is so frustrating as I have tried so often. I have google chrome but still no good. How I miss the old board where things were so simple.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:21 PM

I can post, but can't start a new thread. How do you do it, I've tried twice and have not been successful.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:56 AM

My messages just never show up at all. I've posted asking about thread color choices and listed two quilt patterns for sale. That was just the past two days, neither showed up at all.