Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
QB molasses? >

QB molasses?

QB molasses?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 AM

Default QB molasses?

Lately when I get on QB my computer begins to behave as though it is wading through cold molasses. This is the only website it is happening on. Anyone else noticing this?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM

My computer is slow on everything these days. Guess I just need to take it in for servicing. How am I going to get along without the QB?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

Yes, the last couple of days my ipad has been slow on QB as well. I think it depends on what time of day it is. It works really well in the middle of the night.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:22 AM

if your internet is via cable, your speed will depend on how many other cable users are online. yesterday was a "heavy use" day, because of the new iPhone release today, etc. middle of the night is often faster because there are many fewer users online. same with one site being slow (like the QB). if there is a lot of "traffic" on a site, it will either slow it down, or crash the site, if there are enough hits on it. if your computer is the "slow" offender, use reliable help in getting it "cleaned". please don't buy into the offers that come randomly online, that tell you that there is malware on your computer, or that you have "xxxx viruses" detected. use a good program. if you suspect a virus, go to "symantec.com", and you can find answers there. otherwise, find a savvy repair person to do a clean-up on the hard drive. sometimes, it's as simple as cookies. good luck. i'd go a little bananas without my computer...
Old 09-21-2013, 03:07 AM

Default speeding up your computer

Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
My computer is slow on everything these days. Guess I just need to take it in for servicing. How am I going to get along without the QB?
I think we forget to defrag, use the cleaner and then it will be faster. I hope. If not to the shop. You may have a
bad virus on it. Maybe need a good virus protection put onto it.

I am lucky in the fact I have a computer tech for a husband. Good luck
Old 09-21-2013, 05:05 PM

Try going to "tools" at the top of your browser. You should find "Internet options" there. Open it and delete browsing history and cookies. Then restart your computer.