Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Question about Members' Albums >

Question about Members' Albums

Question about Members' Albums

Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 PM

Default Question about Members' Albums

Is there something I'm missing? I see such beautiful work here on the Board, switch over to the contributor's profile hoping to see some more of these talented quilters' work in their albums, but there isn't any. Is there some reason I haven't fathomed yet why all this lovely work just slips away never to be seen here on the Board again?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:27 PM

I guess I've never figured out how to add pictures in the album section..... didn't really think about it. But it's a good suggestion. Maybe I'll try and put a few in at some point.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:55 AM

I did some and must admit have root ten to put the latest in.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:20 AM

One of the reasons may be that people don't know about albums or how to put things there. I had no idea that there are albums available. I seem to remember that you had to specially request that your quilt be put into a general depository, but people who are modest won't do that.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:45 AM
Power Poster

a member has to choose to put items in their albums. here is a link to a board help page by topic... there is information about Albums and Blogs there http://www.quiltingboard.com/resourc...-help-275.html

the QB's picture albums show pictures of quilted items that are put there by the Curator: cat-on-a-mac . members do not have to request that their picture goes there, but members MAY request it. here is a link in the Pictures forum to the QB albums http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...y-t189958.html
Old 07-23-2013, 03:46 AM

I must admit I didn't even know this option existed. Now to figure out how to use it!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:35 PM

I found it really, really easy. Resized the picture in 'Paint' just as you do for the 'Pictures' thread, opened my Profile page, chose Albums, gave it a name e.g. Completed in 2013, clicked on 'Upload Pictures' and followed the directions from there.

I copy my resized pictures into a separate folder which I call 'Thumbnails' to make it easier to find them for uploading. Maybe the link posted by our Moderator above (QuiltnNan) has an even easier method. Good luck folks. Would love to see more Albums up and running.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:05 AM

I love the album option. I photograph and post my quilts in multiple places, here, FB etc. But sometimes I don't want someone to see a quilt if it was made for them, so I post an album here first. After it is given to that person, then I'll also post on Facebook. Perhaps I post too much, but I don't want to forget what I have made because I give my quilts as gifts. If I don't post, I forget easily.