Read posts

Old 02-26-2012, 02:06 PM

Default Read posts

Ever since this new format started, when I've read a post, the heading turned to a purple color, letting me know that I'd read this one....now, all of a sudden, the color doesn't change and the only way I can tell tell if I have read it or not is if I have made a comment to the thread.

What's going on in here now? Is any one else seeing this? I went to my settings and options and didn't see anything to change to let me know if I've read a thread or not! Can anyone help...in really simple terms...I am not a computer guru.

Thanks for your help and hugs
Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 PM
gus

I click on the What's new heading at top of page and mine turn purple. Maybe try that
Old 02-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

The board is still new, and the designers are making adjustments. Sometimes things continue to work, other times they have to be adjusted again. Just like quilting. I'm sure it will be back to the way it was soon.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:00 PM

Mine won't show change from one computer to another. When using one computer and I have read all the postings, the color changes. If I go back to read more postings later, on a different computer, I have to figure out where I left off. Seems it only registers what I have read if I keep using the same computer.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Administrator

the colors changes are not controlled by board software.
they are controlled by our own browsers.

check your browser settings.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the replies...how do I check my own browser for this. I went to my options here and everything looked right. I'm not a puter person so what do I do now!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 PM

I understand what you are saying and mine would turn purple after I read them. Once a new unread post was posted it would turn bold purple and give me the option to click and it would take me to the first unread post. The colors have nothing to do with my browser and everything to do with this board b/c this is the only "board format" that does this. I visit another quilting board who uses the same board format and I don't not have any problems over there.

Originally Posted by Drue View Post
Ever since this new format started, when I've read a post, the heading turned to a purple color, letting me know that I'd read this one....now, all of a sudden, the color doesn't change and the only way I can tell tell if I have read it or not is if I have made a comment to the thread.

What's going on in here now? Is any one else seeing this? I went to my settings and options and didn't see anything to change to let me know if I've read a thread or not! Can anyone help...in really simple terms...I am not a computer guru.

Thanks for your help and hugs