Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Rotating other pictures >

Rotating other pictures

Rotating other pictures

Old 11-26-2013, 06:41 PM

Question Rotating other pictures

Many, many of the pictures posted are upside down or sideways...... How do we reply to their post and rotate their picture??? I saw a reply the other day some did and it 'really' helped to see what the quilter had done without standing on my head.

One of my favorites is to look at the pictures of others projects...........so can we have a tute on just that? pretty please.

thanks,
Old 11-26-2013, 07:07 PM

you can always right click on the picture and save it to your computer, desktop is a good place because you can find it easily. Then open it in a picture program, windows photo viewer is just one of many that will work. Then click on the rotating tool to rotate it. You can also make it bigger in this same program. After you've finished looking at the picture, if you don't want to save it, just slide it into the recycle bin.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

here is a thread on how to make them right side up to begin with http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t230836.html
the trouble with 'smart phones' is that they show them to you right side up no matter how they were taken and you don't know that they are not right side up until you upload them to the board.
as far as i know, there is no way to rotate them once they get uploaded to the board. you are right that it is so much more enjoyable to see someone's work right side up. MzzzQuilts/Ellen's advice sounds like a fairly simple way to fix them for your own enjoyment.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-27-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:05 AM

Tiggersmom, I have rotated a few pictures, maybe it was that one you saw? Anyway I did what the others have already mentioned, I right clicked on their original picture & saved it to my computer - then brought it up in my pictures & rotated it - & re-posted it. It only takes a few minutes to do it, but I'm never sure if others would be offended that I had done this to their picture. I don't have a phone to take pictures & I was wondering why so many were showing up sideways & upside down too, guess it's all a learning experience for us all.