Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Is Search going to need Captcha? >

Is Search going to need Captcha?

Is Search going to need Captcha?

Old 12-30-2019, 04:40 PM

Default Is Search going to need Captcha?

While I usually like searching from a search engine as I can do that site specific, however, there are times I do a search from within QB. I usually don't sign in, unless I want to reply. Currently, when **not** signed in one needs a captcha to be able for it to work. Frustrating to me.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

ETA another thought - If one does a search (other than from within QB) now and click on a result - it doesn't bring up the correct page on multi-page threads as there are only 10 posts to a page, versus the 25 that it had been. QB has never given the actual page of the search term you have searched for on multi-page threads.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 12-30-2019 at 05:30 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-31-2019, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
ETA another thought - If one does a search (other than from within QB) now and click on a result - it doesn't bring up the correct page on multi-page threads as there are only 10 posts to a page, versus the 25 that it had been. QB has never given the actual page of the search term you have searched for on multi-page threads.
To 'fix' the number of posts per page, go to User CP [formerly Settings/my settings] and go to edit options. Scroll about 2/3 the way down and use the drop down menu to switch to the number of posts per page that you desire. I had 40 before and still have 40.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Currently, when **not** signed in one needs a captcha to be able for it to work. Frustrating to me.
Thanks for the input.
I will add it to the list for the tech team.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
To 'fix' the number of posts per page, go to User CP [formerly Settings/my settings] and go to edit options. Scroll about 2/3 the way down and use the drop down menu to switch to the number of posts per page that you desire. I had 40 before and still have 40.
I figured out that the default is now back to 10, whereas it had been 25, so search engines will show show the cached version at 25 but the link will only be 10 and that will not have the search terms on that page. Interestingly enough, if I am signed on to QB (having changed the per page in my profile) the search will show both the link and the cached version the same.

Old 01-01-2020, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
Thanks for the input.
I will add it to the list for the tech team.
Thank you. I would think an easier to use search 'in house' would get more 'views' than if one has to enter a captcha. Personally, I will just close window if have to enter a captcha, unless, of course, it is banking site.

I know not everyone uses "in house" searches, but I have a few that I use every day and found that I had to change the search terms. I wasn't getting the same results as I did a couple weeks ago.

It depends on what I'm searching for, as to whether I use "in house" or outside search engines. As mentioned, in my opening post, a google search will give the page that the search term is found on where as QB gives the mullti-page thread. And ...
I figured out that the default is now back to 10, whereas it had been 25, so search engines will show show the cached version at 25 but the link will only be 10 and that will not have the search terms on that page. Interestingly enough, if I am signed on to QB (having changed the per page in my profile) the search will show both the link and the cached version the same.